8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i know some of you have had this problem with the HFP kit

one of the sides on the car my driver side
the upper part of the kit is not flushed and i dont know whatto do
its bothering me a bit

how do i get this flushed

the store that installed it says they did everything in the box and followed all instructionsyet the side is not completely flushed

anone have any suggestions

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have the same issue with my HFP kit. I managed to reduce the amount of space between the bumper and the front lip kit by lightly heating up the area and applying some constant pressure to the area. Seemed to restick the double sided tape and kind of formed the lip kit. Still some space there though, so not a real good fix other than trying to reapply more 3m tape or something.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Take out the top driver's side screw and place a spacer (the black washer-like things that came with the HFP kit) in between the original bumper and the lip. When you put the screw back on, it should make the kit tighter and close up the gap.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread on this subject since there already are a few. I installed my HFP rear lip over the weekend and found that there was a gap on the passenger side. I found a 3-4mm rubber piece to stick in between the bumper and lip as a spacer and it somewhat alleviated the problem. There was only a minor gap that I could live with. I let it sit over the weekend and a new gap developed further towards the rear. Do I need some extra 3M double sided tape for this? It seems like the existing adhesive is failing. Take a look:

What should I do about this?

·
Registered
661 Posts
i had the same issue, front and back gaps,, just use spacers. if you guys dont know what spacer is, its a round metal thing that has hole in the middle.. this is use together with the screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.