8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the guys at the dealership lied to me, they said it was going to be 585 and said there was no way that they were going to do 500 ( at aquisition cost ). So my question is, should i get this for 585? If i do, I will install it myself, and my question is, would I have to get a camber kit for this? I dont know if I need the camber kit for this because I have another lowered car with a camber kit and it helped out the tire eating monster before. Before w/o a camber kit, the tire eating monster was in effect. So, would I need a camber kit for this car? Front bolts and a rear camber arm? Since I do not plan on lowering the car past 1.2" or so, I plan on sticking with HFP. THanks.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just bolt them on and go for it !!!

No camber adjustments needed in the front or rear. I've had my installed for about 6,000 miles and can not see any uneven ware on my tires. $585 is a good price from your dealer. I don't know where you live, so I don't know what the sales tax is in your area, but your cost with tax should be around $635 or so. You should be able to get them on eBay for $600 shipped or try DCH Honda at 800-326-5839 and ask for Mike in parts. He may give you a better price. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your alignment after installing the hfp kit was back to factory specs w/o the camber kits? Does your car feel like it handles better? Does it have a lower stance than before? thanks!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Well with the HFP kit it actually does improve the handling and it also does lower the car by 0.8 inches. Also, an alignment will bring it back to specs, which is why Honda recommends you to do it after the install.

·
Registered
244 Posts
20civic07 said:
Okay so the guys at the dealership lied to me, they said it was going to be 585 and said there was no way that they were going to do 500 ( at aquisition cost ). So my question is, should i get this for 585? If i do, I will install it myself, and my question is, would I have to get a camber kit for this? I dont know if I need the camber kit for this because I have another lowered car with a camber kit and it helped out the tire eating monster before. Before w/o a camber kit, the tire eating monster was in effect. So, would I need a camber kit for this car? Front bolts and a rear camber arm? Since I do not plan on lowering the car past 1.2" or so, I plan on sticking with HFP. THanks.
See this:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43865

Brian

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jardiniboy said:
Well with the HFP kit it actually does improve the handling and it also does lower the car by 0.8 inches. Also, an alignment will bring it back to specs, which is why Honda recommends you to do it after the install.
+1 I would get a alignment
Also I think you avatar digs me :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
$585 is super cheap for the HFP sport suspension kit. That's a hard to beat price if you're absolutely set on buying it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts