8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is a body shop person and he installed my spoiler. He has done hundreds.

I noticed yesterday that the top is not sticking, it is slightly lifting.

You can put a piece of paper under it and the 3m tape is tacky put does not stick very good.

Anyone else with this..

ps, it was cleaned to death and warm when install. Could be old tape or dried tape.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I have heard of some people with problems with their HFP kit not sticking properly....I would tell you to go back to the dealer to have it redone, but you didn't get it done there....

Have your brother re-do the job...where did you buy the HFP lip from?? Possibly tell them you have a defective one and have them send you a new one.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There wasn't wax on the bumper before the install was there?

You said it was clean, but if you didn't wash it with something that will dissolve the wax (like dawn dish soap) then that could be your problem.

Also you're sure the bumper and tape were both warm (above 60 degrees) when they were installed? That adhesive really doesn't like the cold.

That's pretty much all I can think of.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, made a warrany claim today at the dealer. have to wait for area rep to see it.

yes, it was clean clean clean..bad 3m.

I called 3m today and they say that is must be less than 6 months old for proper stick.
any older and it dries to much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts