8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
It probably a little lower sence it goes on the bottom of the front bumper.
I was thinking about this to cuz I have a hole kit coming from CHH.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoping someone has a confirmed answer.. gotten lots of "i think" "maybe". Sucks cause right now i just barely clear my driveway/speed bumps with stock front

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a little lower, im not sure how much. I got the kit on my r18 and the thing that would make it harder is that it extends your front end by a little which most likely would cause you to scrape when backing up your driveway etc.
Yeah to be honest i scrape now when i back up my driveway but i also BARELY clear when i go in forwards. The speedbumps down the street would prolly be the bigger issue since the hfp lip would stick out a little more meaning it would hit before the wheels do

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes the HFP front lip def makes the car lower. My car was lowered on Prokits and wet into the ramp on the car wash fine. Now that I got the HFP front lip it scratches to the point I can't go onto the ramp anymore. But if you're stock height it shouldnt make that much a difference

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
im lowered on sportlines with the hfp front lip. i can get over speed bumps fine. it maybe extends a 1/2 in forward and a 1/2 in down...nothing to worry about...

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
no.

Think about it. Why would Honda sell a part that causes you to hit a speed bump? I am lowered on HFP with the lip and I don't hit it..other people are lowered even more and they don't hit it.

The main concern seems to be your drive way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts