8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i noticed that when i go above around 45mph my front lip starts rattling, i know it wont fall off but the sound gets annoying and worse at higher speeds :facepalm:

anyone else have this problem or did i just not install it right?

·
Registered
466 Posts
is the lip loose? check the bolts. if anything use double sided tape to make everything sit close and tight against the bumper

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just checked and everything is tight besides the two / \ underneath the license plate, i put on more double sided tape but its still rattling! im just going to take it off and reinstall tomorrow.

picture is when i first put it on, dont know why my honda emblem looks crooked in this picture haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
recheck everything over again, tape, screws everything im assuming mine is tight yet if it is rattleing i wouldn't be able to hear it cause of my exhaust and music lol. just look over everything that holds in it in place it is most likely just loose somewhere and needs to be tightned down

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Maybe it's not the lip. There are a lot of clips and what not at the bottom of the car that might not be reattached properly. Check to see if all the plastic pieces on the bottom of the car are secured properly.

Also, is the noise coming from the passenger side?

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
probly not the lip.
most likely its the radiator cowl. make sure that the front of teh radiator cowl is tucked under the top part of the grill. if not, wind gets under it and causes it to rattle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems like it is coming from my driverside fender and my passenger side lip? I'm going to recheck everything in about an hour and see if anything is loose haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts