8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has them, or even has pics of them, this is about the only brake upgrade that i'm considering in the next years, or when i need brakes, which might be awhile if i just wait till they go defunk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Berlinas2k's has them.. You can get a big discount if you order from Collegehills.
i can get a bigger discount if i order them from myself, i work for Apple Honda in the parts department, lol, so i know the price i can get them for, just i have never seen what they actaully look like in person or in pics.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You can get an even bigger discount by not wasting your money on OEM bling and just buying quality pads and DOT 4 fluid, perhaps Brembo rotors if it needs them at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so a 15% increase over stock just with the HFP parts isn't worth it, i beg to differ personally on that, sure i would also get SS line's aswell, brake fluid won't matter since it's not a track car, or won't ever see a track for that matter.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
so a 15% increase over stock just with the HFP parts isn't worth it, i beg to differ personally on that, sure i would also get SS line's aswell, brake fluid won't matter since it's not a track car, or won't ever see a track for that matter.

Brake fluid matters because quality fluid is less hygroscopic usually and less affected by wet boiling issues when it does absorb water. Additionally, when your hard lines are run inches from your exhaust manifold, the B.P. of your fluid matters.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
however again though, since it's not a track car, i'm not concerned about flushing out the current fluid,and replacing it with something i don't need since i won't see track time.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
That isn't his point.

He's saying for the price of OEM BLING brakes.. you can get a much better performing setup.

Unless you want to just get HFP brakes for the sake of getting them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
id rather get them for the fact of the carry a warranty on them, and cause they are oem, i'd rather get it then some aftermarket hugely mass produced units where quality control is less a concern and more for quantity.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
however again though, since it's not a track car, i'm not concerned about flushing out the current fluid,and replacing it with something i don't need since i won't see track time.
You need to flush the fluid every two years, no matter what and front wheel drive vehicles are typically hard on the brakes if you use them any at all. Your brake fluid is already getting warmed up by being near the exhaust manifold. pre-warmed fluid + some hard driving in the twisties = hot brake fluid, especially after a year or so when the boiling point drops 40 degrees from the absorbed water, which will corrode the caliper pistons and master cylinder if not changed regularly. Only a moron spends hundreds of dollars on brakes and doesn't do simple preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
id rather get them for the fact of the carry a warranty on them, and cause they are oem, i'd rather get it then some aftermarket hugely mass produced units where quality control is less a concern and more for quantity.
What warranty? Brakes are a normal wear item.

Who the hell do you think makes your OEM brake rotors? It's not Honda, but some company working under contract to them. The difference between aftermarket and OEM is whose name gets slapped on the box. The metallurgy is what matters, not the already automated CNC machining process, since OEM and aftermarket are hugely mass-produced, else Honda, et al. couldn't make millions of vehicles per year; most rotors, OEM and aftermarket, are now made in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

In such case, Brembo is the cream of the crop, along with smaller specialty makers like Disc Brakes Australia. Many SCCA and NASA club racers use Auto Zone Duralast rotors with no issues beyond what they'd experience with more expensive rotors anyway, like cracking. Honda OEM rotors will heat check on the street because I've done it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You need to flush the fluid every two years, no matter what and front wheel drive vehicles are typically hard on the brakes if you use them any at all. Your brake fluid is already getting warmed up by being near the exhaust manifold. pre-warmed fluid + some hard driving in the twisties = hot brake fluid, especially after a year or so when the boiling point drops 40 degrees from the absorbed water, which will corrode the caliper pistons and master cylinder if not changed regularly. Only a moron spends hundreds of dollars on brakes and doesn't do simple preventative maintenance.
i have had the car for 2 weeks, why would i care to worry about a brake flush Yet?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What warranty? Brakes are a normal wear item.

Who the hell do you think makes your OEM brake rotors? It's not Honda, but some company working under contract to them. The difference between aftermarket and OEM is whose name gets slapped on the box. The metallurgy is what matters, not the already automated CNC machining process, since OEM and aftermarket are hugely mass-produced, else Honda, et al. couldn't make millions of vehicles per year; most rotors, OEM and aftermarket, are now made in China, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

In such case, Brembo is the cream of the crop, along with smaller specialty makers like Disc Brakes Australia. Many SCCA and NASA club racers use Auto Zone Duralast rotors with no issues beyond what they'd experience with more expensive rotors anyway, like cracking. Honda OEM rotors will heat check on the street because I've done it.
under normal wear warranty can be thrown out, but for atleast 3/36 if something were to go wrong that wasn't normal wear, then hey i'm covered!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
this thread is going no where, some dude is asking for pics of HFP Brakes, and the other dudes are trying their best to convince him that his choice is dumb, even though the thread starter knows what he wants already....

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
If I were to only stick with honda parts, 15% more for parts that perform a little better doesn't seem to be a bad idea at all. They are the same size as stock, they just have slots in them and have a little bit of red paint.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.