8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about it?

Or should I be looking at something like the STOPTECH big brake kit?

I've driven my car on the race track a couple times and the stock brakes aren't good enough. They fade a lot!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Better pads and fluid first, before you go to a ST kit. The HFP kit is just slotted rotors and slightly better pads.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm just using the stock brakes with HPS Hawk brake pads on the front. I'm planning to purchase a pair of Goodridge SS brake lines for the fronts.

What kind of brake fluid would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Right now I'm just using the stock brakes with HPS Hawk brake pads on the front. I'm planning to purchase a pair of Goodridge SS brake lines for the fronts.

What kind of brake fluid would you recommend?
I'd recommend getting lines for both ends of the car so I didn't affect the bias any by having lines that transmit more of the pressure impulse from the MC without losing it as line flex.

Valvoline synthetic is good and cheap, but who knows if that's easy to find in Canada. ATE superblue/type 200 would be even better if you're going to have to order it online anyway.

HPS pads aren't much.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey, I wanted to improve my brake system a bit too, so you reccommend Vavoline synth. brake fluild, HPS Hawks, and what type of brake lines? Reaching for the search button to not be a total bum...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Hey, I wanted to improve my brake system a bit too, so you reccommend Vavoline synth. brake fluild, HPS Hawks, and what type of brake lines? Reaching for the search button to not be a total bum...
I don't recommend HPS at all. Axxis ULT I do recommend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
HPS will fade for certain at the track. I would not track on anything less than Hawk HP+ or some Cobalt Friction pads. ATE Superblue fluid is good/cheap and fairly available.

I dont see the $ and effort you spent on lines to be worth it personally.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HPS will fade for certain at the track. I would not track on anything less than Hawk HP+ or some Cobalt Friction pads. ATE Superblue fluid is good/cheap and fairly available.

I dont see the $ and effort you spent on lines to be worth it personally.
Why don't you see the SS lines to be worth it? I heard that it makes a night and day difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why don't you see the SS lines to be worth it? I heard that it makes a night and day difference.
Well I cant speak for FA5, but on an Integra Type R the difference was marginal. You will get much bigger brake gains with a set of dedicated track oriented pads (not HPS) + high temp fluid (ATE etc) than with the stainless lines.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah I see... Well I guess I might as well get the whole package. SS brake lines, better pads and high temp fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.