8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it is a nice looking kit. The installation instructions say that the pads will increase the accumulation of brake dust over the stock pads, so I have to assume that they are a higher friction pad. Just installed it yesterday with SS brake lines, so the pads have not seated yet. The brake feel is much better, likely due to the lines. I will add a review in a few days when the pads seat and the rotors are properly forged. Here are a few pics.

First: Added some pics of the boxes everything came in with part numbers for all your conspiracy theorists that call bullshit on the OEM Honda parts. Go tell your dealers they are idiots. I posted a reply that if your dealer was like mine then they probably know nothing about it. My dealer didn't know what the HFP kit was and they had an Si on the lot with the kit.

Review: Now that the pads have broken in I have a better idea on the performance of the kit. It is a noticeable improvement over stock, no doubt. The pads are most certainly a higher friction pad and offer very good grip even when standing on them from high speeds. The SS lines offer instant resistance, no more mushy feel. I really don't think the rotors are necessary when it comes to performance (if you want the look and have the cash they are worth it.) Like most have speculated you can improve the performance with a good set of pads and SS lines. Rotors are not necessary unless you want the look. Hope that helps and check the part numbers above for your retarded dealers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit was $540.00 from Collegehills Honda. The break lines were $100.00 from CorsportUSA (I promised to give Tai rep for another great transaction.) I was out of town for work until today and dropped the car at the dealer for an oil change. Decided to have them do the install since the break fluid had to be bled. I was quoted on the phone 1 1/2 hours of labor and when I picked it up I got charged 4 hours of labor (trust me, I'm not happy because I could have done this install on Saturday.) I didn't get the cats name who quoted 1 1/2 hours so they said I was SOL. The rotors and pads would not be a tough install, but you do need an impact wrench to get the studs out of the rotors.

The black lugs are OEM Honda (ball seat lugs) from a '99 NSX. I posted a thread about them in the 'Introductions & Pictures' forum with parts numbers for the lugs & the black lock set. You can order them from any Acura dealer for about $135.00 for both the lugs & lock set.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
You have to take the lug nut studs out to change the rotor? :eek:mg: Really? :eek:mg: Who does that? :eek:mg: That would make any brake job 10 times harder than it should. :eek:mg: That sounds like something Ford would do.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not the lug studs. There are several screws that keep the rotor on the hub. You will need an impact wrench to get them out.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
nice, its too bad they don't have calipers to make it look even more bad ass.
+rep for being one of the first ones I've seen with these

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that calipers would be nice, but probably unnecessary and would drive the cost up well over $1,000.00. Now I just need that set of gunmetal Gram Light 57 Maximums to finish up the corners. Wheels will have to wait while I build my bank for the Redshift SC. Thanks for the rep.

They are indeed genuine Honda OEM parts.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
NA06Si said:
I agree that calipers would be nice, but probably unnecessary and would drive the cost up well over $1,000.00. Now I just need that set of gunmetal Gram Light 57 Maximums to finish up the corners. Wheels will have to wait while I build my bank for the Redshift SC. Thanks for the rep.

They are indeed genuine Honda OEM parts.
True. Although the same can be said for the HFP suspension kit.
Lowering only about 0.8" and probably only noticeable to those that know about it, but giving a dramatic improvement on the handling. The price (In canada is about $1,400 installed and somewhere around $900 alone if bought off a vendor.)
If its OEM and it looks and feels different, then I'm sure people would pay for it. otherwise mugen, spoon and all others like them would be out of business.

BUT, it still looks good haha

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, you can buy them at any dealership (technically.) College Hills is a dealer, they just do a lot of online business and generally have some of the best prices on accessories/parts.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts