8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So some of you may have seen the thread about the quick draw contest from College Hills Honda for the free install on the HFP brake kit. I was fortunate enough to be the first response and had them installed today. After a rough start to the morning (more details after pics if you care to keep reading) I got them on and here they are. I'll get better/cleaner pics to replace tomorrow. **HUGE Thanks to Paul, Chad, Kenny and the rest of the guys at College Hills Honda! They were cool even though I was an hour late like an asshat. This was filmed to be a podcast on CHH's web page, I'll keep my eyes out and post a link when its up. Also I plan on auto-crossing a bit so I will post how they hold up against fading. So far not much to report other than the bite of new rotors/pads. I think they will look much better with the calipers clean and painted (silver) behind HFP 18"s! The instructions say take it easy for 60 miles or so. More to come!

FRONT

REAR

WIDE

** For those who care. My appointment to have these installed was at 9:30 this morning. Went out for drinks with friends last night, went to an afterhours party at some random house, had to stop my friends from fighting each other, etc. Got to bed around 4. Had alarms set for 8AM, (hour drive to Wooster from Y-Town.) Woke up at 9:05. ****. Jump into some jeans, grab my keys and I'm out the door. I called College Hills to tell them I was running late but I would get there ASAP. The guy I talked to (Chad) says "Cool, don't get a ticket." Two minutes later I am being pulled over for a lane change without signaling (I did) and driving a bit fast. I figured I wasn't getting a ticket when they lady walked up to the car smoking a cigarette. She checked my info and I was on my way again. Saw some amazing rice (posted in RICE thread) and got there around 10:30. :xyxnervou: I felt like an ass and I hate being late, but the guys were super cool about it. Took about two hours and I was on my way. Followed a sexy black NXS back home going 80-100 and the day has been getting better ever since! Off to hunt cougars at a neighbors house party! :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RDX, ehh? How ya liking that?
Lovin it. It is silly how hard you can corner with it. The SH-AWD keeps you going where you want to go. I had some friends in the car and they couldn't believe how fast and confidently it got around some turns. Feels more like a sport sedan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts