8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a good axleback for my 07 Si. From what I've read and understand, a full cat-back simply isn't worth it right now, or for me atleast with the way money is.

These are two that I've run across and seem to look nice (the stock tip drives me crazy), and have a good sound/tone improvement, whether they be much more deeper or louder is what I'm interested in.

I haven't found many other axlebacks that I can as easily as these two or with many other reviews. (and i've SEARCHED and looked through plenty of threads)

Any insight comparing the two would be very helpful along with any other comments on other possible axlebacks. I'm more interested in reviews for the megan since theres already quite a bit on the HFP but any input would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if you're referring to me purchasing a header first or getting a cat-back or something else but I'm mainly aiming for sound and looks, also relatively cheaper than what anything else would cost me upgrade

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you're really just concerned with sound/looks an axleback is your best bet. I've only ever heard the HFP in person, but was surprised at how good it sounded (I thought it wasn't gonna be much of a difference). It's deeper, but not louder.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys, i guess i'm leaning towards the hfp now since the megan doesn't seem to have much going for it. i've looked at the tanabe and for that much i would just as well get a full cat-back but it does sound nice

any more comments are appreciated

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
thanks for the help guys, i guess i'm leaning towards the hfp now since the megan doesn't seem to have much going for it. i've looked at the tanabe and for that much i would just as well get a full cat-back but it does sound nice

any more comments are appreciated
you stated before that the stock tip drives you crazy..... have you seen the HFP in person? its the same tip almost (minus the black filling in the tip) its basically the same shape and everything

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the Megan Racing Axle-Back and i am really happy.... Not to loud and noticeable increase in performance. also a good $120 cheaper than the HFP.

Megan Racing Axle Back Exhaust, '06+ Civic Si : WOTMStore (it was like $200 after shipping)
If its just an axle back, there's no way possible that you got a noticeable increase in performance; just sound/looks from what I know. But the exhaust does sound good though, not loud but its there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you stated before that the stock tip drives you crazy..... have you seen the HFP in person? its the same tip almost (minus the black filling in the tip) its basically the same shape and everything
yeah i've seen it and its really just the black filling or the fact that the tip looks like an extra piece of metal bolted on, i still think the hfp looks a lot better

so i guess we haven't reached a conclusion except they both sound deeper, i have a CAI and i like the sound with stock exhaust i just want it a little louder and a little deeper so would i be safe with either choice?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.