8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been interested in getting the vibrant header w/ hfc and their exhaust, but i'm just wondering if the header w/ hfc would be a problem at all for passing emissions? i'm also looking towards goin FI down the road with a supercharger and was wondering if that would be bad for emissions testing.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
With OBDII they don't (at least in my state) put a sniffer in the exhaust. Basically it's all read from your OBDII port. So if you don't have a CEL from the header and theres no obvious visual indicators, you should be fine for emissions.

Also, the Comptech SC should be fine (again as long as you don't have a cel) if I remember correctly it's even CARB certified.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been interested in that too but so far I've yet to see a dyno. I also saw the BCRH selling for the same price as the Vibrant with hfc and the BC seems to have a better build quality. The Vibrant looks like the DCRH but with a cat. Now I can't make up my mind. The only problem is that I'm in CA but I don't have emissions until 2012.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea the hfc combo (for emissions) is the main reason i'm leaning towards vibrant as opposed to BC. i like the sound from the exhaust and it looks close to stock too. i'll be interested in dyno results from the vibrant H/E combo as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.