8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :wavey: Name's Adam and I drive an 03 RSX. Figured I'd join the site to learn about the new Si to better help my decision between the choice of an 06 S or an 06 Si

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
welcome to the site. There is a lot of info around the site about the new civic/ civic SI. If you have a specific question - just ask! A lot of info is known about the car by quite a few members on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically is it a k18.. or is it a new series? and blueprints of the engine. I'd like to find out how nice of a n/a vehicle Honda has just made and most importantly the TBA price tag.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
The motor is the K20z3. The K20Z2 is for the current RSX-S engine. The K18 from what I understand is possibly the motor being built for the japan version of the 2006 civic.

K20Z3 compression - 11:1 197hp/139tq Civic Si (2006)

Basically follows the K series engine plans from the Current RSX-S

Prices - supposed to base under 20k. From some "unofficial reports"= $19,600 for base price.

You can get the car in 4 trim lines.
- without nav
- with nav
- without nav + high performance tires
- with nav + high performance tires

I haven't seen blueprints of the engine, but I'll look

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that the 2005-2006 RSX-S held a K20Z1, or at least for 05 it had. And I thought the 06 Si was to be a 1.8L which means if they are only manufacturing them for Japan, there will be no major difference between the 06 RSX and the 06 Si (USDM)?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
the SI is fitted with a 2.0 liter K20Z3 engine - 8000rpm red line, I-vtec, drive by wire, 2 cam profiles, limited slip differential, and my bad- it's 11:1 compression ratio.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
1.8L SOHC 140hp i-VTEC 4 (R18) is the base - DX, LX, EX line. Maybe you were thinking of this 1.8 liter engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I believe that I had just read a rumor a few months ago. I was lead to believe 200hp on a 1.8l but apparently not :) Thanks for the specs, LSD is a nice feature.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
no problem shadowfly. It is definately a 2.0 liter motor in the SI, and the LSD is going to be great on this car! I can't wait to drive it myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts