8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I have been a member of driveaccord.net for the past 7 years after owning only k24 accords I finally sold my 2005 honda accord k24a4 upon reaching a staggering 900,000 miles, yes work was put in, yes I probably should had just bought a new car but apart from normal wear and tear nothing major ever went wrong to justify a new car. However, upon reaching that number I simply figured it was time to buy something else. I ended up with a 2008 honda civic ex coupe 1.8, its navy blue and my only upgrades have been to fix the small problems it had come with, the stock exhaust literally fell off at the muffler springs after hitting a train crossing a tad to hard, my fault, installed a shorty cherrybomb glasspack, all good again, then replace stock airbox with a short ram for the sound alone, its not as throaty as my accord was but it's pretty close, zero rasp and improved throttle response, brakes were warped upon buying so just threw on Detroit axle drilled and slotted rotors and pads, much improved. Changed halogen bulbs to lasfit 9006 low beams and put 9005 led off brand in drl/high beam, that tripped drl light so removed drl fuse, #37 in interior fuse box, no problems, car currently sits at 180,343 miles, runs good. Tpms light is on, no worries, I check my tires regularly being in the northeast, pot holes, cold nights, brings reason more so to do this. Anyways, I like the coupe, it's a decent little commuter. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.