8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
You running that in your Civic? You're going to need one hell of an upgraded alternator for that. I can't even get away with 1000w RMS on the stock alternator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rommy said:
You running that in your Civic? You're going to need one hell of an upgraded alternator for that. I can't even get away with 1000w RMS on the stock alternator.
Yep, got my HO Alt today :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it from Excessive Amperage. Very nice guy to deal with, great customer support so far. 200/120 with the CNC Machined pulley that Irragi claims adds another 20-30 amps idle.

$375 shipped

Iraggi $400 + $69 pulley + shipping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
I had a 9512 running off a US Amps AX2000 and it hammered. Since changed to a W7 12 in a ported box @ 38Hz - it is not quiet.

DD makes amazing subs.

Get some dampening - Second Skin Spectrum or some of their closed-cell stuff, like Overkill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Ok I'm a bit confused...

What year is your car? and how many amps did you get on your HO Alternator?

Also...was it $375 shipped...or was it your mathematical sum there? I don't get that part.

I spoke to him before (Dominick Iraggi) and he was telling me it was gonna be $480 just for the 180amp HO Alternator...

I even tried to haggle him down and he didn't budge...hmm.

-Andre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lush said:
I had a 9512 running off a US Amps AX2000 and it hammered. Since changed to a W7 12 in a ported box @ 38Hz - it is not quiet.

DD makes amazing subs.

Get some dampening - Second Skin Spectrum or some of their closed-cell stuff, like Overkill.
Yeah I already sound deadened, trying to get this around 3000 watts. :eek:hnoes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andre07FG2NBP said:
Ok I'm a bit confused...

What year is your car? and how many amps did you get on your HO Alternator?

Also...was it $375 shipped...or was it your mathematical sum there? I don't get that part.

I spoke to him before (Dominick Iraggi) and he was telling me it was gonna be $480 just for the 180amp HO Alternator...

I even tried to haggle him down and he didn't budge...hmm.

-Andre
Well he's ripping you off than. No errors, no bullshit $375 shipped to my door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
So you bought it from Dominick or from ExcessiveAmperage.com? Or are they both the same thing?

Also...what year is your car and how many amps did you get etc;?

I went to that website you had talked about and submitted a price quote to Nathan...he'll get back to me on Monday...

What motor are you saying? Don't we have a K20?

I have a FG2.

-Andre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andre07FG2NBP said:
So you bought it from Dominick or from ExcessiveAmperage.com? Or are they both the same thing?

Also...what year is your car and how many amps did you get etc;?

I went to that website you had talked about and submitted a price quote to Nathan...he'll get back to me on Monday...

What motor are you saying? Don't we have a K20?

I have a FG2.

-Andre
I have a 2007 Civic Coupe LX. Yes, its different than the 2006.

The HO Alt is from excessive amperage 200/120-150.

I believe the engine is an R18.

I read Nathan the serial number on the amp in my car, thats how he knew what to build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
I can't remember if it was you or someone else, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

Didn't I help you design a box for a fi Q? If so, are you planning on dropping thid DD right into the same box? I'd advise looking into new plans instead of using the same box. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time, the t/s parameters really create a big difference in output if not put in the "correct" enclosure. "Correct" being what sound you're looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
Hey mike, can you snap a pic of your ground for both of your amps? Or both grounds if you're using two separate grounds. I'd appreciate it. I'm getting a lot of resistance at my ground and I've tried many places and can't figure it out.

Thanks man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bikinpunk said:
I can't remember if it was you or someone else, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

Didn't I help you design a box for a fi Q? If so, are you planning on dropping thid DD right into the same box? I'd advise looking into new plans instead of using the same box. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time, the t/s parameters really create a big difference in output if not put in the "correct" enclosure. "Correct" being what sound you're looking for.
Yeah you did. I sold the Q with the box awhile ago.. ehh just didn't like it much. My JBL GTi sounded better than the Fi Q.

I'm getting a new box built locally. If I dropped the DD in that box it would mess it right up probably damage the woofer.

I can't wait :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lostdaytomorrow said:
Hey mike, can you snap a pic of your ground for both of your amps? Or both grounds if you're using two separate grounds. I'd appreciate it. I'm getting a lot of resistance at my ground and I've tried many places and can't figure it out.

Thanks man.
I'm getting my wire re-done this month I'll snap some pictures for you when its complete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
mike11202 said:
Yeah you did. I sold the Q with the box awhile ago.. ehh just didn't like it much. My JBL GTi sounded better than the Fi Q.

I'm getting a new box built locally. If I dropped the DD in that box it would mess it right up probably damage the woofer.

I can't wait :laughing:

What do you mean by "better"? Louder, or better sound quality? Both?

FWIW, I'm sticking with my w7 until it blows up. ;) Just curious what you didn't like about the Fi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bikinpunk said:
What do you mean by "better"? Louder, or better sound quality? Both?

FWIW, I'm sticking with my w7 until it blows up. ;) Just curious what you didn't like about the Fi.
Both sq and spl, ehh Fi is a bunch of hyped up stuff, many would agree with me. Its a good sub but doesn't live up to its reputation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Be careful not to become deaf hahah!
This makes my sound system sound puny lol
I only have the JL 12w6 with 500/1 and its loud enough.

mike11202
Please post a video when you have your setup done =D
I wanna see this beast pound!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top