8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. I'm not a civic owner but I'm looking at getting an 08 Si Sedan soon. hondagoalie told me I should go ahead and join. I've been reading posts for the past week so I figured I might as well join. I'm pretty much set on the Si. I've been shopping around for a while and just dont see anything else that catches my eye.
For those of you that must know, I have an 03 Dodge Dakota Quadcab. Hopefully be adding an Si to my lineup soon.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay. :wavey:

The fa5 is a great car and I'm sure that you'll love it, I know I would. I will, however, recommend that you do research on all the other options before you pick one up. You never know, you might find something that you'll enjoy a little bit more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've researched a lot of cars. I like to shop around, and so far the Si is the best bang for the buck. Not to mention I need something better on gas. My truck gets like 15 mpg right now and with 65 bucks to fill it up every 4 days, its getting old quick!

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Oh man, I don't miss my truck at all. I had a chevy single-cab shortbed w/454 ss trim and a 350 under the hood. I literally was spending close to $120/wk in gas just to make it round trip to work.

But I do love how fun it was.. So I guess I do miss it a bit.

Have you thought about the Mazdaspeed3 or the Cobalt ss/sc? Just throwing those out there. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the Ocho!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah firmhonda, I've looked at the Mazdaspeed3, not really into the style of car, I guess it would be considered a hatchback? and I really didnt see the Cobalt SS for a 2008 model. I looked at the srt-4, sorry I'm a dodge guy, cant help it, and they arent to bad, but they are hard to find where I live in the color I want. Also, most have probably been driven pretty hard by the previous owner.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
If you mean the neon srt4 then I would say if you can find one in good shape that's a great car. If it's properly taken care of it can withstand being beaten on a regular basis, not many cars can claim that. I've got a buddy that has one with probably 90k miles on it now and it still runs perfectly.. and this is after being full stage 2, going back to stock, and about 3 or 4 other different setups and abusing it daily. He also bought it used with about 60k on it.
The Cobalt Ss will be making a return next year as a 2009 model and it will be great. They're switching from a s/c setup to a turbo setup and it will now make about 260hp. There's a thread on here somewhere about it if you would like to read up.

By all means I'm not trying to talk you out of getting an fa5.. I still love them (I don't own one).. I'm just offering my opinion. Feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you mean the neon srt4 then I would say if you can find one in good shape that's a great car. If it's properly taken care of it can withstand being beaten on a regular basis, not many cars can claim that. I've got a buddy that has one with probably 90k miles on it now and it still runs perfectly.. and this is after being full stage 2, going back to stock, and about 3 or 4 other different setups and abusing it daily. He also bought it used with about 60k on it.
The Cobalt Ss will be making a return next year as a 2009 model and it will be great. They're switching from a s/c setup to a turbo setup and it will now make about 260hp. There's a thread on here somewhere about it if you would like to read up.

By all means I'm not trying to talk you out of getting an fa5.. I still love them (I don't own one).. I'm just offering my opinion. Feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah I almost bought an srt-4 before I got the dakota, actually this is my second dakota. I'll look for the thread on the 09 cobalt ss.

I know you arent trying to talk me out of getting one. Everyone has opinions, you're just trying to help, which is appreciated btw

·
Registered
711 Posts
hey there ***-wad lol.. You suck getting one before me but then again.. I dont waste a small fortune on gas (Hinch why I have an Lx right now).. But seeming as we live under the same roof I will just "borrow" it every now and then until I get mine:lildevil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.