8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's on my front drivers side fender, on the curvy part in front of the side mirror... Damn, I'm touching it up and I'm gonna try to do my best job to see if I'm happy with it..but incase I'm not happy with it, how much do you guys think it would cost to get the fender painted??

I was washing it and of course I slipped and the nozzle tip went right in and made about a 3/4in long scratch pretty deep. It was my own stupid ass fault, so anyways, I'm thinkin about getting it repainted at honda or replaced, so I'd like to have an idea even before I go to see about an estimate.

thanks guys

Forgot to let you guys know its a 08 Si

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
hey the touch up paint from honda didnt match my car correctly, my door got keyed and i was qouted $400 for wetsand touch up re-clearing, just a ballpark figure

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea I realize that, but would they just do the small section, or would they repaint the whole fender? $400-$600 isn't that bad to me. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but its not a major setback.

but you say that the touch up paint didn't match correctly?? Are you talking about the touchup paint pens or the actual paint they use to redo car parts/damage? What does it look like? Is it really noticeable? This is kinda why I want them to repaint the whole fender. It's brand new...they should be able to get it to match... 8(

Sorry about being anal, but if I get it re-painted and paying that much, I would atleast expect them to get it to match up...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I went and got a quote for it... I found out that a friend of a friend of mine works at Honda Collision here in Brandon, and basically he quoted me the whole shebang at $220. I think thats pretty damn good so I'm getting it done.

thanks anyways guys

·
Registered
179 Posts
yea... i have a bit of a scuff on my side mirror too.... but that's just cause i drove into something. bahahaha.

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
yea I realize that, but would they just do the small section, or would they repaint the whole fender? $400-$600 isn't that bad to me. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but its not a major setback.

but you say that the touch up paint didn't match correctly?? Are you talking about the touchup paint pens or the actual paint they use to redo car parts/damage? What does it look like? Is it really noticeable? This is kinda why I want them to repaint the whole fender. It's brand new...they should be able to get it to match... 8(

Sorry about being anal, but if I get it re-painted and paying that much, I would atleast expect them to get it to match up...
yea hey my bad. i forgot about this thread. the touch up pen honda sells didnt match up. what they do is wetsand the panel, touch up the scratch and buff and reclear the thing thats all it should match right up that way, prices in nyc are higher as u would expect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts