8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lil buggers making quite a mess on our car's here in Florida this time of year. Gotta keep plenty of wax on seems to help but still a pain in the arse. Heard you can use Pam or some type of cooking spray to help with splatage. I'll pass on that not, on my paint. Wash and wax as often as possible until infestation is done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
UGHHHHH DAMN BUGS! i hate that i used to have a pearl white g35 coupe and it use to get really dirty every time those little pest came out!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this : Freakin bugs!

It's love bug season again. Soon our windshields and grilles will be covered with the splattered remains of black-and-red insects. What's a car owner to do? We asked Mike Schultz, left, head of product development for Turtle Wax, for some advice. Times staff writer

"It's very important, when the love bug season comes around, to apply a good coat of car wax to the front end of your vehicle, to the hood and the bumper," Schultz says. "I would do it every other week, just to keep the protection as high as possible to prevent those bugs from destroying your paint.

Love bugs, he says, secrete an acidic substance that will etch the surface of the car. "So you have to put on a sacrificial barrier to help protect the paint underneath."

·
Registered
32 Posts
We don't have Love bugs in Cali I don't think, but it is that time of year and its getting REALLY annoying. Just washed/waxed the car and my windshield is already all nasty again -_-*

·
Registered
501 Posts
When I go on long trips I usually tape it, I try and avoid ever driving on the highway during love bug season.. Just take another car..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Whatever you do, get them off as soon as you can. My parents took their Yukon down to the coast of Alabama last year during love bug season and they left them on too long. They ate into the pain.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah I just moved to FL, away from the salt belt and the only negative here for cars is the love bugs during the season, which is now. Still better than road salt up north, at least it's not below freezing temperatures to get them off. Just remove them as soon as you can so you don't damage the paint.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I have noticed a lot of people from FL have the bug nets on the front (with good reason I can see now)

I hate bugs splattered all over the car.

Anyone know of a source to buy one of these nets ??
I have never seen them for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's over! THANK GOD! see you guys again in 5-6 months...

I had to tailgate a semi for around 20 miles on the highway the other day. I felt so awful about it, but then again, I'm sure truck drivers are used to having cars up their ass all the time. Not only did he shield me from most of the bugs, but I probably got slightly better gas mileage to boot!

·
Registered
15,996 Posts
i haz a secret that i haven't seen that anyone knows about... :hiding:

ok, here goes,

everyone know those dryer sheets? (you can get them at walmart or what not) well, you take and wet one of those and just rub the love bugs off...won't scratch the paint or anything...

takes the bugs off, and makes your hands soft(ish) and smell good :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.