8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright yall.... This is how it is...
I got these Halo angel eye lights off of ebay. First mistake right? They arrive and I am so happy I go into the garage and install them. They work fine, however, the cold weather starts and I start to notice when ever I stop and get out of the car after driving on the high way a fog starts to form on the inside of the headlight. I take them out and then i put sealant all around the housing of the head light and put them back in. Today, same thing happened again. I point the nose out side and open up the garage door and the cold fog starts to form inside where i have taken out the signal light or parking brake light. I pull the car in out of the cold with the parking break light still out and now running the engine still to get rid of that fog that forms inside the housing. Am I missing something? I thought it was because I was installing them close to the space heater so maybe this might work pointing the cars front towards the garage door and not the back of the garage. But if it forms again what else should I do or should I just scrap the project?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Open them up and bake them at a low heat. Probably like 200 for 20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on them so nothing melts. You need to get rid of the condesation trapped in the lights. Then once your done, seal them up. Bake them again to make sure they are air tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts