8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
polished my car with scratchx and waxed with nxt2.0

heres photos and a little video the day after of rain hopping off the car :)

:woowoo:

this was last week, just uploaded them.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
naw!!!!!! lol i bought a 150 meguiars machine that i barely know how to use!! lol....have u tried that wax called "the black Box"?? i think its called...its black 3 step carnauba wax

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah I havent, I just stick to NXT 2.0. easy on easy off, and it works very well for me.

I need that good machine for my Jaguar as the clear on that car is much harder then the hondas

·
Registered
17 Posts
ohh I got T-boned by a ford F-350 ! LOL it was a huge f***ing truck. ohh well.

I have scratchX and nxt2.0 too but I dont know how I'm gonna have that result. how'd you do it ?

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Looks clean as f*ck! My ride is swirl city... compared to yours.
Swirls mostly come from the methods used when you clean your car. What do you use? One bucket or two? What do you used to dry it off with?

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ohh I got T-boned by a ford F-350 ! LOL it was a huge f***ing truck. ohh well.

I have scratchX and nxt2.0 too but I dont know how I'm gonna have that result. how'd you do it ?
I dont think ANY type of detailing will fix that t-bone ! hehehe

I dont know tho, my cars fairly new ( about 8 months) but it endured a hard winter here and many automated carwahs that had the paint reall messed up.plus I had all sorts of stains on the paint from redoing my sound system so I just went to town you know.

took a while per panel to do with the scratchx because the machine had a hard time of breaking it down.

Swirls mostly come from the methods used when you clean your car. What do you use? One bucket or two? What do you used to dry it off with?
Icemans right here, most swirls to all swirls come from washing. I personally use a 1 bucket method, but I from top to bottomg and rinse the cloth with my hose befoere I dip it back into the bucket.

the order I go is ....

roof, top of trunk, top of hood, windows and top part of fenders and doors, center part of the door (from the molding up), the fender and quarters, the bumpers,bottom part of doors, the rockers, then the bottom part of the bumpers.

all with rinsing the the cloth inbetween.

then I just lightly dry it as the wax makes it very easy to dry offf

·
Registered
503 Posts
Icemans right here, most swirls to all swirls come from washing. I personally use a 1 bucket method, but I from top to bottomg and rinse the cloth with my hose befoere I dip it back into the bucket.

the order I go is ....

roof, top of trunk, top of hood, windows and top part of fenders and doors, center part of the door (from the molding up), the fender and quarters, the bumpers,bottom part of doors, the rockers, then the bottom part of the bumpers.

all with rinsing the the cloth inbetween.

then I just lightly dry it as the wax makes it very easy to dry offf
CLOTH! Please do yourself a favor and get a Microfiber Wash mitt, or even a ProLine Grout Sponge from Lowes. Also, try sticking to a quality microfiber to dry.

But the main reason for swirls is wash technique as well. You seem to have it covered well :) + a good wash mitt, a car wash shampoo (if you don't already have one) and a second bucket can keep your car in pristine condition.

If you need any help with picking out products feel free to PM me ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts