8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my sc for about a month, everything beeen dandy. till last week, when my exhaust gasket broke bc my exhaust is a lil too small. so tht was expected..

now today, im going home, boosted once or twice a day, nothing major. was in 6th gear doing 63.. when pressing the gas pedal, applying more throtle, i hear something beeen sucked , something from the intake i cant define whats wrong..

pulled over, poped the hood, checked for loose wire, the only wire i was able to find, was the 1 coming from under the blower and theres a hole which i think it goes it , that hole is located between the throttle body and the intake... if i dont give it enough throttle, everything works fine, but if i give it enough throttle, my intake does that weird sound... anyone got ideas?

im calling my installer tomorow, to get it checked out but i was wondering if someone had any issues..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no CEL.
what i suspect, its a line coming from under the blower and i think its supose to go in the hole that is located between the throttle body and the intake..

chris its more of a hose, i always read on here, the 1st thing that can go wrong was hoses or lines coming lloose, so that was my imediate reaction

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took a few pics, but they came out horrible..
if you apply more throttle, the car makes a weird sound , from the left side of the car..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my idle is goood.. idk bout the boost, since the weird sounds as i start to punch it. i didnt even attempt. tomorow il see and take more pics.. i hope its something simpleee and easy fix

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update to whats going on? today weather is shitty, so i just wanted to see how the car ,, so i started up the car anddd dammmnn its looooudddddd asif i got an open header. then 20-30 secs later it started to quiet down. so some kind of leak?

maybe flex pipe broke?
or stock mounts seized??

il post pics later on today

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
By the way you discribe it bro, it seems like a broken flex pipe. But when you have a flex pipe broken the car sounds retarded and it looses hp/tq. What kind of headers do you have? You should get some skunk 2 rh. They are great and better then bcrh bc has no flex pipe neither.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts