8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the track and didnt power shift or anything (track was wet) and now my clutch smells like its burning out the car.. should i take it in? because the track was wet on one of the launches i hit the rev limited 3-4 times.. but i do have good news.. my best time was 15.2 :) Not bad considering i couldnt get traction until minimum second gear on the launch

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Are you sure it's the clutch that smelly? how many miles are on your car? When I was still under 1k-2k miles I had a burning smell and it was just the engine breaking in and I never went to the track until about 10k miles and no probs.

If it continues until tomorrow, take it in. But do yourself two favors. First, take any evidence of going to the track OUT OF YOUR CAR!!! Don't leave slips, helmet, or anything like that. Second, make sure you baby your car for about 30-50 miles so if they read your little black box at the dealership, they won't detect those rev limit hit.

Just a heads up, drive around the water next time though. that's only there to help cars w/ slicks:thumb:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thanks for the advice :)

My car has 5k miles on it and it smelled like clutch :( almost made me cry lol.

And i didnt go through the water.. the ENTIRE track was wet. Im in guam so its not uncommon to rain at one persons house but the house next door doesn't get any rain.. its that tropical b.s lol. But yea the entire track was wet because of the rain :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts