8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my set up is comptech S/C stage two and as of today after having a little fun on the freeway my car seems to be bogging at high RPMS and WOT it even sounds like it this has never happened before as ideas of what it could be.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Did you just install your blower? This sorta happened to me after a week of having the blower, all it was is the belt had broken in and stretched and was actually slipping at high rpm. I would say check your belt tension and if that is good I wouldnt worry much. Maybe check the datalogs if you have FP and make sure there is nothing funny looking.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Belt will definitely be out too lunch if it's brand new. It'll stretch quite a bit after a small drive.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you just install your blower? This sorta happened to me after a week of having the blower, all it was is the belt had broken in and stretched and was actually slipping at high rpm. I would say check your belt tension and if that is good I wouldnt worry much. Maybe check the datalogs if you have FP and make sure there is nothing funny looking.
No i didn't just have my blower installed ive put a little over 1200 on it, but i will check the tension on the belt anyway. It was weird though i let it sit for about 5 hours and when i got backinto my car it was still doing it. after awhile it stop im lost but ill keep an eye on it and like i said ill check the tension.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Many people tend to utilize the term "bogging" in a very broad manner. Without a specific explanation of whats going on, or some type of multimedia (video), it's really hard to help you troubleshoot the issue.

If there is any further details you can add, that may help.

What pulley are you running, and what is the max pressure you are attaining via Flashpro? Is there any deviation in the A/F ratio, etc..

Taking a datalog of driving may be your best bet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many people tend to utilize the term "bogging" in a very broad manner. Without a specific explanation of whats going on, or some type of multimedia (video), it's really hard to help you troubleshoot the issue.

If there is any further details you can add, that may help.

What pulley are you running, and what is the max pressure you are attaining via Flashpro? Is there any deviation in the A/F ratio, etc..

Taking a datalog of driving may be your best bet.
I am running flashpro with a 3.15 pulley on the base map. I will run a data log if it starts up again. but as of right now the car is running good. As far as the bogging i was saying your right its hard to penpoint without a multimedia, but i will try and explian it. It sounds as if it is flooding and coming out the exhaust and sounds like a fart lol its also struggeling to get trough the ropms when this happens. It was warm today so now that you mentioned it i think it could be the belt i havent tightened it since the install and went away when the outside temp went down.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I am running flashpro with a 3.15 pulley on the base map. I will run a data log if it starts up again. but as of right now the car is running good. As far as the bogging i was saying your right its hard to penpoint without a multimedia, but i will try and explian it. It sounds as if it is flooding and coming out the exhaust and sounds like a fart lol its also struggeling to get trough the ropms when this happens. It was warm today so now that you mentioned it i think it could be the belt i havent tightened it since the install and went away when the outside temp went down.
I would say if you havent tightened it since the install, then the belt is the best place to start. Like Keefer was saying a brand new belt stretches quite a bit when you first put it on. I had to tighten mine about a week after the install because I was getting some belt slip at higher rpm's. Check your MAP pressures on flashpro when its doing this "bogging" and see if you are losing any boost which would be due to belt slippage. GL

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright guys really need your input now. the bogging came back last night but now its really bad and happening all the time. I was asked before what it sounded like and the best way to put it is it sounds like a suburu. this time i have a check engine light. Im pretty sure its miss fireing but not 100% sure. i plan on hooking up my flash pro on it to night to see what the code is and ill let you all know what it is. but for the moment what do you guys think it is. once again my set up is Stage 2 comptech supercharger on a base map and i have 1400 mile since the install please help.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Can you take a data log of the issue? This would help us if you have an AFR problem. Are you running a wideband and boost gauge? What are they reading if you are? Also, pull your plugs and check them. If your plugs are fouled you may not be firing on all cylinders. Take pictures of them if you can.

Also, I just had my bypass valve fail on me, and it pretty much sounded the same, it sounds like a fart while your driving wot.

Is there any smoke coming from your exhaust? What color?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you take a data log of the issue? This would help us if you have an AFR problem. Are you running a wideband and boost gauge? What are they reading if you are? Also, pull your plugs and check them. If your plugs are fouled you may not be firing on all cylinders. Take pictures of them if you can.

Also, I just had my bypass valve fail on me, and it pretty much sounded the same, it sounds like a fart while your driving wot.

Is there any smoke coming from your exhaust? What color?
i Plan on running a data log tonight. There is not smoke coming out of the exhaust. When i pull the plugs this weekend i will take pics of them and post them. I am not running any gauges i was waiting. Now as far as the bypass valve going out where is that and is there a way to check it. and how much was it to replace it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's 80 bucks plus shipping to replace it. It's really not as bad as everybody thinks to fix it. Take the little vacum hose off that connects from the manifold to the bypass valve. Rotate the actuating arm on the bypass valve, depressing the plunger, hold it there and cover the barbed hose fitting on the bottom of the bypass valve. Let go of the plunger, if it recovers to its normal position it's gone bad, if it doesn't than it's good.

Another simple indication though, is check your boost levels in your data log to see if you're not buildin gthe boost you should be building.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's 80 bucks plus shipping to replace it. It's really not as bad as everybody thinks to fix it. Take the little vacum hose off that connects from the manifold to the bypass valve. Rotate the actuating arm on the bypass valve, depressing the plunger, hold it there and cover the barbed hose fitting on the bottom of the bypass valve. Let go of the plunger, if it recovers to its normal position it's gone bad, if it doesn't than it's good.

Another simple indication though, is check your boost levels in your data log to see if you're not buildin gthe boost you should be building.
thanks ill check it here soon

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So i checked my plugs and not only did they look gross all black due to running rich from the base tune. Not only that the ends of the # 3 and 4 plugs were burnt off. I put in my stock plugs to see if the miss fire went away and it was gone. I have my new plugs on order and i will have them next week. Also a oil chang on tuesday and a tune on friday. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If the electrodes were burnt away then that detonation from running to much ignition advance or to poor fuel quality. Your lucky not to have destroyed your engine. On saying that if all the plugs are a bit oily its probably damaged the pistons as well and your getting oil past the rings.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the electrodes were burnt away then that detonation from running to much ignition advance or to poor fuel quality. Your lucky not to have destroyed your engine. On saying that if all the plugs are a bit oily its probably damaged the pistons as well and your getting oil past the rings.
so what do you recommend i do?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eh yea, that's not good. I should take photos of my plugs after 10,000 miles. They looked like the day I installed them, just with a little golden brown look.

You did have the IK24's installed no? And you're not running the stock plugs in the meantime are you? I hope not..
yea ik24's is what i had and re purchased

1 - 20 of 25 Posts