8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any kind of mods or changes i can make to my car that will literally almost cost me nothing? like changing things in my car or some small tune ups or anything like that

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like its hard to explain. But ive seen things like chaning how long the rod is to your clutch pump. You dont have to buy any parts you just need a wrentch

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How can i do that? and yea actually stickers is a very good idea i guess i just hadent thought about thank you

·
Registered
90 Posts
its not too hard. i did it in like 10 minutes. start off by loosening up the rubber intake tube going to the throttle body and pull it off to the side. then locate the 2 coolant hoses going in and out of the TB. it should be underneath it. pull both of the hoses out using a rag cause a little will spill out. then use 1 hose to connect the 2 ports of the TB together and the other hose to connect the 2 coolant lines together. Done

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
is that safe for my engine?
:facepalm:

Keep it stock man, I wouldn't screw around. There's no free lunch in car modding, but the only thing I can think of is taking out your back seats and spare tire if you don't mind. youll get better grip in all directions

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea its safe for your engine..the coolant is there so that your throttle body doesnt freeze up during long trips at colder temperatures

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
Does anyone know any kind of mods or changes i can make to my car that will literally almost cost me nothing? like changing things in my car or some small tune ups or anything like that
of course! there are soooo many free mods that make your car gain alot of HP! :facepalm:
/end sarcasm

thats why people spend thousands of dollars on forced induction!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
of course! there are soooo many free mods that make your car gain alot of HP! :facepalm:
/end sarcasm

thats why people spend thousands of dollars on forced induction!!
Ok thats cool. But im not trying to get huge gains in HP. I was just talking about some cool stuff like clearing the headlights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dunno if your car is a stick shift, but if it is.....

I am a machinist and my mom works with glass so I made a cool glass shift knob. You can probably do this for under 10 bucks yourself though.

A new shifter can shorten your throw buy quite a bit.

How mechanically inclined are you? Are you pretty good with a drill?

I also sewed the shift boot out of a piece of leather with red thread, but you need to know something about sewing to do this. It cost me $30 bucks for materials.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts