8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought a brand new 08 si and the vin # is before the fix of the 3rd gear issue. The car only has 93 miles on it. I was going into the dealership to get an 09 but they had an 08 on the showroom floor with the full body kit, tinit and fog lights. They gave me the 08 for $500 cheaper than the 09 with all the acessories for free. Did i make the right decision or should i pull my deposit and get the 09..? help thanx

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
They won't do the fix it it doesn't grind. Even if you tell them it grinds, they will test drive it first, and it it doesn't grind, you're getting the car back as is. Just because it's eligible for the 3rd gear grind service bulletin does not mean your 3rd gear will EVER grind as a result of a manufacturer defect (as opposed to improper shifting). It's pretty much just a luck of the draw. Some do, some don't. But, if it ever does, then you're covered. So, just enjoy your car.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
be careful on cold started... clutch ALL the way in, and a PRECISE shift to 3rd as it warms up... IT isn't a problem unless you half azz it...

oh 08>09... So ya, you did a good thing.
If i'm buying a car I would be buying it new. My new 09 has not had a single issue and the transmission is sooooooooooooooooo smooth! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
If i'm buying a car I would be buying it new. My new 09 has not had a single issue and the transmission is sooooooooooooooooo smooth! :thumb:
I bought my 08 new last Nov. and stole it as they were rolling out the 09's...

I might have bought an 09 if i wanted to pay 3-4k more and live with a hideous looking grill... Wannabe Corrola S.

but to each their own... Funny how he tries to say the car isn't jerky on a cold start... they all are, gear issues or not...

·
Registered
580 Posts
You made the right choice...

08>09, plus you got all the extra goodies with it too.

Don't worry about the 3rd gear issue...it's not THAT bad. Plus if it ever gets to be too much to deal with, that'll prob be enough for you to have the dealer test drive it and notice the issue and perform the fix.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I bought my 08 new last Nov. and stole it as they were rolling out the 09's...

I might have bought an 09 if i wanted to pay 3-4k more and live with a hideous looking grill... Wannabe Corrola S.

but to each their own... Funny how he tries to say the car isn't jerky on a cold start... they all are, gear issues or not...
Do you have any clue what you're talking about?? I didn't say anything about the car not being jerky I said the transmission is smooth. Try reading before you post something and just because you think the 09 front-end/grill is not for you doesn't mean the next guy does. Think first.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya i hope i made the right decision execpt that the dealer is being stupid and hasn't return my calls on when i should pick it up... hope the dont sell it to someone else or else i am getting an 09 and the usb thing isnt that big of a deal as long as there is an aux plus i am probably going to get an aftermarket connection through my glovebox which i have in my old civic now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.