8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a 13.5 JL W ?

I dont really know which one. Its in a box and ported.

I have a step down and no aftermarket deck.

My amp seems a little underpowered for that speaker, its a 300 watt TMA. Total Mobile Audio, its the brother of JL, the cheaper brand, still awesome quality.

My question is, should i be using a higher watt amp for that speaker?

·
Registered
278 Posts
you are really underpowering that sub. i personally would give it around 1000 watts. alot of people use the jl 1000/1. or another amp that would work would be the alpine pdx 1000.1. i would recommend either one of those amps.

nm i just assumed you had a w7 since you said its 13.5. the above advice would be for a w7.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, im pretty sure its the W3, i got my sub, the box, the amp, all the wiring and the step down for like 650 installed. it hits pretty hard, i dont know if i want anything louder because i dont want my car to completely rattle, on the inside.

·
Registered
343 Posts
definately, but my bass drowns out the highs on most rap, even with my M3 at 2 ohms on 1 12".

if it isnt your last, when you upgrade, look into Digital Designs. theyre awesome subs n amps(the amps r costly tho), the 2500 series is comparable to the JL 13w7, and costs around 275, vs 650.

you can find a dealer locater at ddaudio.com and learn about em

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.