8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

A newbie here, I would like everyone's opinion on this civic. It's a 08 SI with 8,361k miles, listed for 17,900. Does the ctr conversion void the factory warranty? I ask you guys this because the dealer is probably going to tell me no. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Probably parts of it like electronics and stuff... I mean, they have to prove it was shoddy headlight wiring that did it (or whatever) unless the CTR conversion uses the stock harnesses...

Dealerships can be shady... some may care, some may not. But to void a warranty, they have to prove that what you changed caused the problem. I bet if you say it's genuine OEM honda parts, they wouldn't have a lot to argue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry about the wording I used, I meant is this car worth its price of 17,900. I'm considering buying this from a dealer. Once again, I'm a newbie and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Find the KBB value of the car as it would be with a normal front end. Then find the cost to do the whole swap. It's on here somewhere. I forget how much it is off the top of my head... I think it's something over 1K. Does KBB +1,xxx = asking price? Is that worth it to you?

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
It worth it. Only thing I can think of is if you were to get into an accident the insurance would probably pay you for stock parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That front is from the dealer, I'm assuming someone did the conversion and traded it in for a car they had in their lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts