8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i hope so, i pulled my tie rod off, connects to the control arm to take my end link off to switch them out, apparently honda decided to use some kind of amazing superglue bondo on mine, im prob going to re-do both the front, i also have another question.. when you tighten up the nut that sits on the perch, tight does it have to be?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just measured it. My front drivers side is 24 1/2 inches from the ground to the fender liner, and my passengers side is 24 and a 1/8 of a inch to the top of the fender.. is that normal, i didnt torque my perches, i juat tightened them with my air impact gun.. could that cause one to be lower?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats only 1/8" off. This is normal from my understandings. In time they will settle a little bit more. The torque of the nuts, as long as there good and tight will have nothing to do with it. Also, measure it to the fender, not the liner. There my be a slight difference to the liners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.