8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to take off my lip spoiler on my honda civic auto but these yellow things are caped in the back and i cant really get to it.

i was woudering if anyone knows how to take off the lip spoiler.

if u have picture it would be great

and im trying to put on the si spoiler

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx, yea i know theres going to be holes hahah but im going to use plugs and paint them so if my si spoiler messes up ill put it back on =D

anyone has a different way of taking them off????? pictures would be great!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Take off the 2 nuts. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and pinch the tabs on the 2 inners white retainers while you pull on the middle of the spoiler. Once you have one side of the middle lose pull up on the end of the spoiler and pop out the 2 yellow retainers. Do the same on the other side and your spoiler will pop right off.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
for everyone that wants to take off their lip spoiler.... the white lips you squeeze with needle nose pliers and push up then for the yellow---(there are 4) you pull up, and youll here a slight pop, dont worry thats the push pin unclipping from the yellow housing. I have pics in my profile. PM me if you got questions. If you want the cheap way to fill in the holes go to home depot get .375 nylon plugs (in the hardware section) and buy the Honda touch up paint. You will need 8 nylon plugs to fill the holes. Also pick up silicon sealant that you will use to prevent leaking in the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.