8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need a tune on my 09 fg2 if I port my intake manifold and put a j35/37 tb on it? Or can I run the stock ecu.i tried the search button but couldnt find what I was looking for pleade help me out guys

·
Registered
647 Posts
Adding a intake, header, exhaust, tb spacer, j35/37tb, ported manifold, or cams requires you to get your car tuned so it can run properly.

If you don't have any mods at all then I suggest you get flashpro first because you'll gain more with that then porting and add a tb.

All mods work in synchrozation with one another. You will not gain anything will a j35/37 if you don't have a aftermarket intake. Porting manifolds usually comes when you've added cams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Im sort of going through the same thing here. i have an Skunk2 intake and a ported intake manifold, the car has been acting up ever since (lights on dashboard such as Car keys,engine light,VSA,etc start flicking and the revs start idling up and down very hard) and it got to the point where the car powers off and then it doesnt want to come back on unless it is with an scan machine plugged to it. I want to know if i must deffentely get a flashpro in order to tune the car up because appereantly the scanner hasnt done much ever since i tried to reset it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hello,

Im sort of going through the same thing here. i have an Skunk2 intake and a ported intake manifold, the car has been acting up ever since (lights on dashboard such as Car keys,engine light,VSA,etc start flicking and the revs start idling up and down very hard) and it got to the point where the car powers off and then it doesnt want to come back on unless it is with an scan machine plugged to it. I want to know if i must deffentely get a flashpro in order to tune the car up because appereantly the scanner hasnt done much ever since i tried to reset it.

Yes, you must get flashpro with those mods. The skunk2 intake is bigger in internal diameter and the car isn't used to seeing that much air, thus the peaky power band.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hello,

I had this issue it turns out that my injector ground wasnt getting enough contact and my dash would go out and come back on along with odo numbers and check engine would flash and the car would stall and come back . This also can be caused by the obd device like flashpro or elm device not fully plug into the obd port and can cause a shortage also i had a code which came out as relay open circuit . After unplugging my elm obd dongle and reloop my injector ground the problems went away and its been 3 weeks now and it hasnt come back and i was scared that i though my ecu was going to die almost freak out

·
Registered
992 Posts
Your vsa works by controlling the electronic throttle body and ifs not running correctly or the idle is not set you will get that vsa problem too . J35 is ok to run when having intake manifold like rrc manifold which match the j35 which came with fd2
You can get away running j35 with port match intake manifold , header exhaust and cai if you running 3.5 inch intake which are like rickspec you will require to run flashpro map cal . J37 will mostly benefit if you running cams but remember flashpro and a tune will give you the gains and also will give you drivability
Best bet is to contact vit most likely bigger bore throttle body give you rev hang alot worse than stock throttle body and a tune will help remedy it but wont removed it completely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts