8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
So I've been wanting retros for a long time now, but I recently started working and now have a bit to invest in some retros. I'm thinking I want them done right so I'd rather send them off to you guys.

I'm having a hard time choosing a projector though. I'm torn between a few options
1) Single setup, but in that case, which one? S2k, or TSX/TSX-R? I want clean cut off, and best and most even output.

2) Bi-xenon setup to take care of highs, and i believe my only reliable option is a FX projector, yes?
Question though, if I go Bi-xenon, I lose my DRLs right, so what do people normally do? Since that bulb kinda becomes pointless since the projector takes care of both the highs and lows

I'd like quality, I'm also torn on shrouds. Those Type Ks look nice.
It's just a lot of tough calls.

Opinions or anything I should look at?
I have a 09 FA5 Dyno Blue Pearl. And I think i'm leaning towards keeping the reflector for an OEMish look.

Opinions/feed back would be great :) Y'all are the pros

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Hey there,

Well it really depends on budget and what kind of look you want as well.

From what I'm gathering from your post, you want to keep it with a single PROJECTOR setup, but can't decide if you want single or BiXenon.

IF thats the case, then I would go with an S2000 setup. That will be the best single projector setup you can get. You'll maintain your DRL/High beam bulb and that will be the best performing. We do not like the TSX projector, we think for that price bracket, the RX330 projector outperforms it on just about every aspect.

If you decide you really want a bixenon single projector setup. I would look no farther than our Mini special. We feel the Mini out performs or at least matches the FXR in performance for much cheaper.

We like the Type-K shroud the most, every single one in custom fitted to each headlight for the most coverage and the cleanest look, where as say an E46 or Gatling shroud will not cover up the entire side.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply!
Yes, I'm looking at a single projector setup. It's just between bi-xenon or single.

I saw your mini special, and have to say that $500 for a bi-xenon setup is really freaken awesome. I'm nearly considering that.

I just went and watched your video again about it. Honestly, I think I'm leaning that way. I'm just curious about cut off and light output vs the s2k projector.

Hey, I dig the LED strips, can those be put onto a FA5? Your FAQ says that the Angel eyes cannot be on a FA5?

And, have any ideas where I could new pick up OEM headlights? I don't trust ebay lol

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
No problem.

Well difference is pretty substantial between the Mini's and S2000s, its a big jump in performance to the s2000s, but that also comes with about twice the price of a mini setup. S2000s will be wider, sharper cutoff, more light output, more foreground, etc.

Unfortunately we can't do the LEDs on the sedan like we can on a coupe.

Your best bet for find used OEM headlights would be to just surf around here or pickup brand new ones

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, all valid, thanks for the input.

Ok, so no LEDs and no CCFLs. That's cool. It's mostly the project I want anyway.

So you think the RX330s are better than the TSX for the price? I'm having a fun time finding S2k projectors, but I've read nothing but amazing things about those S2ks... hmmm Either way I'll have a significant improvement over my PnPs...

My headlights are in perfect condition, it's just the issue of not having them for a week. I have 1 headlight, i'll just get another one, they're cheap aftermarket ones that i can use for a little bit.

So another question, say I were to buy a kit from the retrofit source, can I have them sent to you guys instead of mailing them to me and then paying extra to mail them to you? lol Seems redundant, especially since you'd be mailing me all those parts if I went with the mini H1s.

EDIT:

Ok, so I was looking on your website. and those RX330s with that color mod lens looks reallllyyyyyy good. Can I get those from y'all?! :O lol, Your website says you're sold out of the lens but then it says you have em on another.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You get them with the lens swap too? :D Because the more I look at them, the more I want. :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
sweet. So I guess I'm really digging the RX330s with the lens swap.

Can I see if that's avaliable and a price quote for RX330s + lens swap + install.
I think that puts me at $190+$300? + $25 for shipping? A nice itemized breakdown would be nice. I'd like to get this going really soon :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
sweet. So I guess I'm really digging the RX300s with the lens swap.

Can I see if that's avaliable and a price quote for RX300s + lens swap + install.
I think that puts me at $190+$300? + $25 for shipping? A nice itemized breakdown would be nice. I'd like to get this going really soon :D
Don't forget, harness + ballast + bulbs.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, but I'm trying to figure out how much I'll need to pay them. Unless I can get some deal or something buying all parts from them?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I sent them an email on the 25th. I guess since it's only the 27th, they're just busy.

But mannnnnnn I wantsss

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess an itemized quote for single RX330s + lens swap + labor. Is there any sort of combo/deal if I decide to buy ballasts and bulbs from you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts