8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone can help me on here with map. Want to know if someone can help me with adjusting my cam angles so i can run 100%. Tried getting help on the hondata forms but theres no help.

Mods:
Skunk2 alpha headers
Skunk2 megapower RR exhaust
Hybrid Racing CAI
Stage 3 clutch
ngk ruthenium hx

I would appreciate the help thanks you

Also for some reason i cant attach my current map on here also.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cam angles are really hard to get true improvements without a dyno. Can help with AFR, rev hang, fuel maps, lean spots, other misc settings. Best thing to do for cam angles is to get a hybrid tune running, and let the computer adjust AFR while you play with the cam angles. I would say don't adjust a daily driven car for max power on the cams, adjust it for smooth driving/shifting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cam angles are really hard to get true improvements without a dyno. Can help with AFR, rev hang, fuel maps, lean spots, other misc settings. Best thing to do for cam angles is to get a hybrid tune running, and let the computer adjust AFR while you play with the cam angles. I would say don't adjust a daily driven car for max power on the cams, adjust it for smooth driving/shifting.
I had someone help me with my AFR but for some reason for the mods I have on I don’t feel like it’s running correctly. I don’t want to get a dyno tuned just yet because I’m looking to get a supercharger kit but that’s not gonna be any time soon just don’t want to spend 2x the money for the tune you know just want my car to run it’s smooth for now. It would help if someone can look at my map I’m running and see if it’s correct. Also wanted to know if having my silencer on exhaust really decreases my HP a lot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There's definitely some room for improvement here IMO. Trash this calibration, just trust me, it's useless. Go back to the stock tuned base map until you get headers. Tune your AFM voltage on the new calibration using auto-tune until you get a AFM tune going. Afterwards, work on MAP fueling. Don't disable 1st gear throttle dampening. Play with your throttle map until you get it where you have a comfortable range to control the cars acceleration. Remove some more rev-hang by adjusting fuel overrun tables. Your ignition values are high, trust me, higher ignition timing does not mean more powah. Means more breaking things and more heat. Tune your air-temp tables after most of this is done. Car will run better if you do some of these things. Biggest hamper you have right now is not having your AFM tuned at all and running sub-optimal MAP tables. AFM is easier to tune, and you keep the maintenance minder for a DD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's definitely some room for improvement here IMO. Trash this calibration, just trust me, it's useless. Go back to the stock tuned base map until you get headers. Tune your AFM voltage on the new calibration using auto-tune until you get a AFM tune going. Afterwards, work on MAP fueling. Don't disable 1st gear throttle dampening. Play with your throttle map until you get it where you have a comfortable range to control the cars acceleration. Remove some more rev-hang by adjusting fuel overrun tables. Your ignition values are high, trust me, higher ignition timing does not mean more powah. Means more breaking things and more heat. Tune your air-temp tables after most of this is done. Car will run better if you do some of these things. Biggest hamper you have right now is not having your AFM tuned at all and running sub-optimal MAP tables. AFM is easier to tune, and you keep the maintenance minder for a DD.
what do you mean I have headers? Look at my current mod list. Not the list that’s on the basemap I haven’t changed that yet. Also have this map because I fixed all my knocks It had. I mean if there’s a way for your help I would appreciate it .

·
Registered
120 Posts
OOF I read the list in the basemap. Okay let me take another look, I'll update this post.

EDIT: And I get being attached to a tune, but I've spent like 1000 hours on these dude, just let me help. No knocks is good, but overall tune health is better.

These are more optimized for stock cam profiles. Now don't change the angles like crazy. There is a base map for skunk2 alpha headers, you can use the angles and ignition values from that if you want. I'm just saying, I have messed with the cam angles every way they can be messed with. The flashpro "tuned" angles are the best, with a close second being the
skunk2 profiles. These are just my opinion, YMMV, but I've tested the **** out of this table.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve heard bad things about the race basemap but never gave them a try but I tried the RRB base map with those mods and right away i got a check engine light for running lean on bank 1 and car wasnt running correctly AFR was not set correctly. So when i turned on the car it was struggling and at WOT car was hesitate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Your cam angle low is different from what i have? i was about to adjust them but notice the left numbers dont match?Rpm? yours end at 8100 and mine only go up too 6500

·
Registered
120 Posts
We have a similar setup, you can try my cal. I just tuned it on a stock MAF sensor, so it should be around average in terms of MAF voltage. It's a hybrid cal. You'd still need to tune it a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have a similar setup, you can try my cal. I just tuned it on a stock MAF sensor, so it should be around average in terms of MAF voltage. It's a hybrid cal. You'd still need to tune it a bit.
What’s you’re setup right now? I was able t adjust the cams aswell. Currently in the process on selling my exhaust and going full race

1 - 16 of 16 Posts