8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put an 09si motor and trans in my car and when i start it with the 09 ecu it shuts back off and a green key flashes on the dash.... do i have to take the ecu into honda and get it programed or something for my key? Also will my 2006si ecu work the same as the 09 one???? any changes?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
yes you need to get your key re-programmed.... as far as 06 ecu in a 09 si- you might throw some codes sense the 06 doesn't have vsa and 09 does... and the 06 has a higher top speed

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system is another technology introduced by Honda together with two other technologies on the 2nd of July 1997. The VSA system is an active safety system that consists of three technologies. Two of them are existing safety systems – Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Traction Control System (TCS) – previously offered in Honda vehicles. The third technology in a VSA system is a Side Slip Control feature.

An example of when side slip may occur is when a driver engages a corner too quickly on a wet road. When the cornering forces of a vehicle are greater than the available tire grip levels, side slip occurs. If the front wheels are slipping sideways, the car is understeering. On the other hand, if the rear wheels are slipping sideways, the car is oversteering.

Sensors are placed around the vehicle to help detect when a side slip is occurring. These sensors include wheel speed sensors, steering angle sensor, yaw rate sensor and lateral acceleration sensor. The intelligent unit that detects and controls the VSA system to correct a side slip is the VSA-ECU component. This component detects understeers or oversteers by comparing the target yaw rate by the driver with the actual yaw rate of the vehicle.

The yaw rate used to detect understeers is calculated using the steering angle and vehicle speed variables collected from the respective sensors. When this happens, the VSA system reduces the engine torque and may even apply the brakes to the inner front wheel to correct the understeer. On the other hand, the yaw rate used to detect oversteers is calculated using the lateral acceleration, steering angle and vehicle speed variables. The VSA system applies the brakes to the outer front wheel to correct such oversteers.

In short, the VSA system helps to prevent accidents by preventing vehicles from sliding sideways caused by sudden changes in vehicle behavior or wet road. Such safety features is definitely worth the money that one has to fork out when buying a Honda.
http://www.tenthofmarch.com/2009/06/10/honda-safety-technology-vehicle-stability-assist-vsa/

it wasn't offered for the 06 si, but all 07+ si's have it

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm ok... also since i have an 06 i have no vsa button to turn it off... does that mean once i get the 09ecu in i wont be able to turn vsa off?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
vsa won't work on a 06 si reguardless of what ecu you have..... you don't have all the sensor's for it.....which brings me to the next thing that could happen the 09 ecu will probably throw the vsa code since it's not able to read any of the sensor's. The 06 ecu should work for the most part. I don't know any of the other differeces other then VSA,top speed, and the fog lights lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
It really cannot hurt to try the 06 ecu. If that shows the immobilizer code (i believe that to be the green key) then head to a stealership

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vsa won't work on a 06 si reguardless of what ecu you have..... you don't have all the sensor's for it.....which brings me to the next thing that could happen the 09 ecu will probably throw the vsa code since it's not able to read any of the sensor's. The 06 ecu should work for the most part. I don't know any of the other differeces other then VSA,top speed, and the fog lights lol

Doesnt traction control just work of my abs/ wheel speed sensors therefor it will work? cause id hate to have traction control and not be able to turn it off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts