8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. Need Some Advice. I Want To Buy An Si But I Can't Make Up My Mind.
1)sedan Or Coupe? Is There A Difference In Ride, Cabin Quitness And Overall Feel?

2)navi Or Not? Which Is Better In Case Of Resale And In Case I Want To Fix It Up In The Future. Is The Nav System Good, And Which Do You Think Looks Better Overall (with Or Without)? My Wife Says She Doesn't Mind A Garmin On The Side.

I Know I Forgot Something So Any Info Or Advice Or Your Personal Preference Is So Needed. Thanxs Guys.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Dude....welcome to 8th.

Very controversial topic,hence, we cannot tell you what to get.

Coupe or Sedan.....upto u.[go to the civic si section, check out 2 threads currently running]
I wouldnt get the factory navi.....if i was u.
Id get the better tyres though.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
personal preferance. both cars are the same.

i put in the OEM navi, and like it. its a good "baisc" navi system. i like teh voice activation and clean look. but aftermarket has a nicer screen display along with some other features.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
thedamaja said:
If you're 6'8" get the Sedan, you won't fit in the coupe.

:D

ahem...
the coupe has more front headroom/hip-room than the Sedan..... please know ur stuff.....or this threads gonna catch fire.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
1. How many people do you take around, and how often? Sit in both a showroom coupe and sedan, whether they are Si or not, so you can get a feel for headroom. There's no real, nor major, differences between the two cars apart from the doors. Sedan weighs slightly more, and is a little taller, but I'm sure those are purely statistics not really accounted to in feel.
2. Navi will get better resale, but it's also more money. I have a small TomTom when I need it, so it amounts to the same as you using your Garmin.
3. Yes, opt for the summer rubber. Way better than the All-Seasons.

<=== GG Si Coupe.

·
ms3 fail.
8,339 Posts
Either a sedan or coupe are really nice, guess it depends if you have kids or not.
Def. get the factory navi, its so much cheaper if its already on the car compared to honda telling you its over 2 grand to install it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
thedamaja said:
If you're 6'8" get the Sedan, you won't fit in the coupe.

:D
umm...the sedan has 3/10" of more headroom, practically nothing. but everything else in the Sedan, like the seating height, armrest position, armrest height, size of window will irk tall people.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Pure preference. Lots of passengers, get the sedan. Lots of 2 person driving, get the coupe. It's pretty cramped in the back from what I hear. The coupe is dead sexy in Si form, so it gets my vote (why I own one :D). The factory navi has been nice so far. There's been a few spots that have not been updated and no longer exist and some new places that aren't there (lots of roads since we're growing really fast) but other than that, I like it a lot. Very clean.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
^^^^

oh yes.... when the passenger is more important.

VIP Passenger: Driver...I WANT TO go to walmart.
Tonton: Sir yes SIR, are you feeling comfy back there ?
VIP Passenger : Yes, im 5 5.

JK

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I sat in the back once or twice. It's not too bad, as e60 says, if you're about my size, about 5'7". You don't even have to worry about moving YOUR seat, since it's only the passenger seat that slides forward with one switch for access to the back. :D

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
LoL I have a chaffeur from the embassy he used to drive me wherever i wanted in a mercedes S600 :) now I got my Si I drive myself :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts