8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up 8thgen population i have a couple of questions for you guys please help me out.

1. What was your sticker price on your si coupe or sedan please let me know if coupe or sedan?

2. Where you able to haggle of that price or you cant haggle of the Si?

3. What is your monthly payment ?

4. How much down did you put?

5. Have any of you leased an Si?

6. How long is the wait for an Si if they do not have them at the dealer or how does that ordering process go? what are the procedures?

7. Is it true that the 09 Dyno blue does not compare to the fiji blue and that it looks almost greenish in some angles?

Im the guy with the G35 2dr I want to get my 09 si Coupe in about two months and im trying to gather as much info as possible please help me out if you have any advice or questions feel free to post them i will answer.

thanks,

aDrian...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
1. Before taxes/tags..$25k (HFP Lip, Fogs, Mats)
2. Didn't bother trying to haggle. He was a friend, but still got a shitty price. You can haggle almost any car.
3. $371
4. $8k
5. Plenty of people on here have.
6. I waited 2-3 months, maybe because I special ordered though.
7. Yes, Fiji Blue was 10x better than Dyno.

Pheww, giving up a G for an Si. Dayum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. price varies...it's irrelevant.

2. you can always ALWAYS haggle. if you don't haggle, you're doing it wrong.

3. varies on what you haggled the price out to be.

4. put as little down as possible. no more than 2k. cars in general are the worst...they depreciate so, so, so much. putting too much cash down is just like tossing your money away.

5. leasing is almost always better than buying.....unless you plan on keeping your car until the day it dies (which almost NO ONE does....because as people age, they usually advance in their careers and make more $ and want a better car) lease......lease.......LEASE!

6. ordering a car straight up can take about 3-4 months to get.

7. yes, the dyno blue looks like a girl color.....almost like teal in the sunlight. unless you want people questioning your sexuallity, don't get dyno blue......unless you're a girl.....then you're cool to go.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Whats up 8thgen population i have a couple of questions for you guys please help me out.

1. What was your sticker price on your si coupe or sedan please let me know if coupe or sedan?
2006 SI COUPE - $18,998.98
Impossible but for other warranties you can, that'll make up the price a little.
$450.53 /mo (includes GAP program warranty)
1999 GSX trade-in ($4,500) plus $500 cash
Most people are, impossible to cash it being this young.
6. How long is the wait for an Si if they do not have them at the dealer or how does that ordering process go? what are the procedures?
Mine was on the lot. I got it mine in 2 hrs negociating. Most people I hear wait a month process, depending if you want to upgrade your car to your own specs like adding Nav,kit,Sunroof, etc.
7. Is it true that the 09 Dyno blue does not compare to the fiji blue and that it looks almost greenish in some angles?
I love my Fuji Blue Pearl at night- it can be purple if your eyes wants to play with you. lol
Im the guy with the G35 2dr I want to get my 09 si Coupe in about two months and im trying to gather as much info as possible please help me out if you have any advice or questions feel free to post them i will answer.
G35, I love those, why downgrade? RWD to FWD?
thanks,

aDrian...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought mine lightly used and paid cash. (15000km) So i can't help with most of your questions.
My only regret is not holding out a few weeks for a good buy on a 4 door SI.

Good luck

Mike Oxbig

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
4. put as little down as possible. no more than 2k. cars in general are the worst...they depreciate so, so, so much. putting too much cash down is just like tossing your money away.

Terrible advice... Atrocious... Why overburden monthly payments? Why set up a financing that will MAXIMIZE the amount of interest on the note? If you only plan to hold the car for <3 years, just lease it without worrying about going upside down on trade-ins...etc..

My advice would be to pay off the car as quickly as possible...Not to mod the thing until you hold title to it.

I put down ~8k, car was ~21k all in.... i pay 288/mo. but i pay an additional 1k per payment to knock down the principal. Own the thing outright in a year, car will STILL have alot of value... Gives me options... Maybe FI, maybe trade in for something nicer.... who knows...

·
Registered
75 Posts
2009 Si Sedan (TW FA5 FTW!)
1. Sticker was $22,675
2. Paid $19,577
3. Monthly payment is $314
4. Put down $3500
5. I just finished a lease with another vehicle. Don't do it...
6. I wanted white and found one local dealer that had it. Bought it there...
7. If I bought the car last year...Fiji would have been on my list of choices. Dyno not so
much

·
Registered
75 Posts

5. leasing is almost always better than buying.....unless you plan on keeping your car until the day it dies (which almost NO ONE does....because as people age, they usually advance in their careers and make more $ and want a better car) lease......lease.......LEASE!

7. yes, the dyno blue looks like a girl color.....almost like teal in the sunlight. unless you want people questioning your sexuallity, don't get dyno blue......unless you're a girl.....then you're cool to go.
You lose just as much money whether or not you put money down. Think about it...as your car depreciates, your principle only decreases at the rate of your payments, which is not nearly the same as the rate of depreciation. Thus, if you don't put money down you end up with negative equity. You will end up owing more than the current value of your car the minute you drive off of the lot and it will stay that way for at least 36 months....unless you make additional principal payments each month. The goal is to put money down, make principal payments and pay it off ASAP. Leasing a Honda civic is not a good idea. The difference in payment is minimal because the purchase price of the vehicle is low and the residual value is also low.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
22,000 OTD Sedan
Didn't bother
$403.68 (APR is at 2.99%)
$2000 down
No
Didn't wait
Maybe?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

lol @ answer # 7 damn bro i only liked the blue one i have always had white cars and my 2nd option is black but the car gets too hot especially here in Miami.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2009 Si Sedan (TW FA5 FTW!)
1. Sticker was $22,675
2. Paid $19,577
3. Monthly payment is $314
4. Put down $3500
5. I just finished a lease with another vehicle. Don't do it...
6. I wanted white and found one local dealer that had it. Bought it there...
7. If I bought the car last year...Fiji would have been on my list of choices. Dyno not so
much

wow you got them to bring it down about $1000 bucks nice.. how did you manage that i mean dont get me wrong im not slow im a sales consultant i just want to know what you guys brought up i heard they are not willing to bring down the Si since it is one of hondas signature cars or flagship w/e. Why not lease you say?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts

20,540 2dr (2006)

I was lucky to get it at sticker, i bought it when it first came out

n/A

mine was 3 months, although they are a bit easier to come by now

dont like the dyno blue at all

\QUOTE]

good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You lose just as much money whether or not you put money down. Think about it...as your car depreciates, your principle only decreases at the rate of your payments, which is not nearly the same as the rate of depreciation. Thus, if you don't put money down you end up with negative equity. You will end up owing more than the current value of your car the minute you drive off of the lot and it will stay that way for at least 36 months....unless you make additional principal payments each month. The goal is to put money down, make principal payments and pay it off ASAP. Leasing a Honda civic is not a good idea. The difference in payment is minimal because the purchase price of the vehicle is low and the residual value is also low.
cool cool thats good to know thanks for the advice bro...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
22,000 OTD Sedan
Didn't bother
$403.68 (APR is at 2.99%)
$2000 down
No
Didn't wait
Maybe?

I have really good credit how did you get them to leave your interest at 2.99 ? whats your score around???

·
Registered
85 Posts
1. Si Coupe Navi + Summer Tires, sticker was around $25k
2. Haggled down to $21.5k
3. $350 @ 2.9%
4. $5k
5. No, I think leasing is foolish
6. They had mine in stock

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
21000......tw fg2 07
yes you can haggle
349/month
4500 down
don't know about leasing, or the dyno blue...............taffy white ftw.....lol.......
good luck mah dude............welcome to the family.......VTTTAAAKKK..........

·
Registered
75 Posts
wow you got them to bring it down about $1000 bucks nice.. how did you manage that i mean dont get me wrong im not slow im a sales consultant i just want to know what you guys brought up i heard they are not willing to bring down the Si since it is one of hondas signature cars or flagship w/e. Why not lease you say?
Actually, they brought it down about $3000.00. ($22,675 - 19,577 = 3098)
The invoice for the car is about $20,700. However, that is not the true dealership cost of the vehicle. Dealerships get cash rewards, discounts and kickbacks from Honda. Kind of how we, consumers, sometimes see cash back events from dealerships. The cost, to the dealership, of the 2009 Si Sedan that I bought was actually $19,315. So, they still made a bit of money from my purchase. Also, dealerships get part of the finance charges, EVEN IF YOU DON'T FINANCE THROUGH HONDA. As long as the dealership brokers the deal to a finance company (the dealership had me financed through CHASE...the rate was lower than what honda was offering at the time) the dealership still makes money from the financing. I did ALL of my negotiating via e-mail and phone. I simply forwarded the quote I got from one dealership to another. Used 4 different dealerships and basically put all four against each other. They knew it, but that's the nature of the business they are in. For what it's worth, the price I paid wasn't the lowest quote. The lowest price came from a dealership that didn't have the TW FA5 in their inventory and they wanted to do a dealer swap. What would YOU do if you were the one that got to drive the car 100 miles from one dealer to another?
Exactly why I opted not to buy a dealer swapped car...

Before anyone asks, I'm knowledgeable with this because I am a Branch Manager of a bank. We frequently have dealerships trying to partner with us for finance purposes. Theoretically (my bank does not partner with car dealerships) the bank underwrites the loan and makes profit on the interest charges. In return to the dealership for brokering the deal, the bank would pay a portion of the proceeds from the financing to the dealership. This is why it's beneficial for the dealership to charge you a higher rate. Remember, it is just as necessary to negotiate the interest rate as it is to negotiate the purchase price of the vehicle...as long as your credit rating permits you to negotiate. They originally approved me for 6.99% through Honda. I told them I would not pay more than 4.25%....which is what I am paying. This was the lowest rate (that I could find) available. All 1.9, 2.9 and 3.9 promotions had expired....

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
if u can find a new mugen get it...!!!!!!!!i have the mugen and love it...and if dealers have them they are prolly antsy to get rid of them which means it works in ur favor...the mugen is fiji...and only 1000 made...look into a mugen...trust me

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have really good credit how did you get them to leave your interest at 2.99 ? whats your score around???
2.9 must have been a promotional rate. Your credit rating does not automatically mean you get a rate under 3.00%. For example, Honda was offering 3.9% as a promotional rate for quite some time. The lowest rate available through Honda (as of Jan 30 anyway) was 6.9%, Thus, not matter how good your credit...if you finance through honda the lowest rate you can get is 6.9%. That doesn't mean, however, that you can't finance through another bank and get a lower rate. Remember though, unless someone is having a promotion or rate special, you are subjected to auto loan market rates. Right now they range between 4.25% and 7.99% for 60 months.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts