8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird squeak noise coming from thr front of my car only when I take off in 1st gear.........

and it only happens sometimes......

What could this be???

2006 Si Coupe

:eek:hsnap:

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
it hard to help without knowing where it coming from could be a number of things????????

where does it sound like it coming from??? engine bay, suspension, interior

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I remember seeing a thread a while back where another member had a very similar problem and it was a squeaking exhaust hanger. There was a metal hanger rod on the exhaust that went into a rubber mount on the frame. When the metal rod vibrated in the rubber mount it squeaked. He lubricated it and problem solved. Could be the same problem you are having. If I can find the thread I will post a link.

Could also be a belt, but I would think it would do it every time you revved the engine, not just when taking off in first.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it only squeaks when im about to take off but with 3/4 clutch pushed in...or 1/4 out.. only happens when im going forward..... i dont know what it is....???

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
i have a creeking noise when i change gear. every time i accelerate then let off the gas to change gear i get a creek from the back right of the interior of the car... my car is at the shop the get new airbags and they said they will look at it...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a sqeeky noise in the front right part of the car.. when to check it out @ the honda dealership and the4y fixed the problem... they found a think stick about 1 inch inside my rotors and that was causing all the sqeaks.. everythign went quiet after that

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Solo8thGenSI got this fixed not too long ago. We heard it mainly at night when he was pulling away slowly. or just moving the car by letting the clutch out a little. Its the Exhauste bolts. He had themn replaced under warranty and 3 of our other friends have it on their cars also (All 4 doors) Hope this helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts