8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Mine was corroded battery terminals.

Cleaned em up real good and it went away. Battery tested fine just a bad connection.
Next time, use these anti-corrosion pads. They're dirt cheap (can get them at Wal-Mart or any auto parts store). I've had them on my batteries for >5 years and zero corrosion.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm having the same issue. It's been happening for a couple months now. I got my battery tested, so my next step will be replacing that.

It's defiantly seems like an electircal supply issue. Has anyone else successfully solved this?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Update: filled the batteries up with distilled water( they were a little low) and cleaned off some of the corrosion that was on my battery terminals. Its been all good since then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would have an issue where my car wouldn't start sometime, battery was dead, and other time the radio would randomly shut off while driving. I had a loose connection on the battery. I cleaned up the terminals and tightened down the clamps and no issues since.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
574 Posts
This issue has started back up for me. It only happens when im turning the steering wheel and suddenly the radio will turn off (radio screen turns black as if it has no power) and the power steering starts to hesitate, as if the electrical motor is not getting enough power.

I only really notice it in parking lots or taking sharp turns when im turning the wheel. Make a sharp turn to park and i lose power for a second. Really annoying.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had this happened to me a few days ago.. The problem is the ground .. Take off all ground connections ,clean with sandpaper and also clean frame where they bolt too. Reconnect a and problem should go away.. I had a 99 Acura tl, with the same problem,where the radio would keep turning on and off, cleaned the grounds on it and it went away.. So when my civic started doing this last week, I cleaned all the grounds and as of yet nothing happened so far..

·
Registered
178 Posts
This has started happening to me too!!!!! I'm gonna go home and clean up all my connections. I found the positive terminal loose a couple times and just kept tightening it up but there is some corrosion on my neg terminal. anyone else have a problem with the battery terminal coming loose all the time on the positive side. Anyone know where the chassis to block connection is at?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys.. The same issue happen to me. But was on my accord 2014 9th gen. I google this issue up and found myself here at this forum.. Im quite curious.. How can the battery terminal be related to power steering?.. And did anyone found the exact solution? Mine happen twice on slow drive, when making a u turn.. Pls advice.. Thx in advance

21 - 28 of 28 Posts