8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow i got a small knife slash on my dash board on passenger side it isn't that big but want to know the best why to fix it and clean it up a little....i found a replacement part online for over 500 bucks way to expensive to fix.....anyone know how to fix the small slash on the passenger side dash board.......... found the part at http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2006&catcgry3=4DR EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=INSTRUMENT PANEL&vinsrch=null

it is Illust. # 17.......any ideas to clean it up without getting a new dash???
thanks

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
a picture of the problem area might help out a bit. Maybe a few close ups as well. I can't really be of much help without seeing the actual damage.

·
Registered
730 Posts
hell of a spot you picked to get one. if all the material is still there than you might be able to re-glue the materal together. that would bug the hell out of me though. its sad to think of but wait untill some civcs start to show in in junk yards and i bet that price would be around half if that. what was the slash from?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fishytron said:
hell of a spot you picked to get one. if all the material is still there than you might be able to re-glue the materal together. that would bug the hell out of me though. its sad to think of but wait untill some civcs start to show in in junk yards and i bet that price would be around half if that. what was the slash from?

Will post picture soon. Have a question about the junk yard where do you look for that online or newspaper??

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
your phonebook should have a listing of local junk yards in the yellow pages. Just call them up and tell them what you're looking for.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hmm-thats a tough one. I think spot puddy and touch up paint are out of the question? If can live with it, you'll save $$, if not have Honda replace the dash for you.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yeah that's an ugly spot. I don't even know what to tell you on that one. I think any type of fix up job on that will probably show pretty bad. The best bet might be to find a wrecked civic and get that piece.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i doubt anyone has crashed their civic yet.. but never know.. i'd sell you my dash

i'm looking to switch to black.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man if you got the money to pay for it I guess just replace it.

If it were me I'd just live with it. $500 isn't worth it unless you're going to a car show.
Worst case scenario I'd invest in some vinyl repair kits and take my time trying to fix it/make it less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i think if i decide to keep the car, i'm going to slowly convert it into a black interior.. starting with the floor carpet, mats, center console..etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts