8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have tinted my headlights and tail lights and im afraid i have done them the wrong way...they are not shiny at all...i know i did it wrong as all i did was spray the vht night shades on...let it dry for 20 minutes then put a shot of clear coat..the clear coat has been on for 2 weeks and i was wondering if its possible at this stage to wet sand or buff it to a shine?

·
Registered
247 Posts
paolo2k2 said:
hello i have tinted my headlights and tail lights and im afraid i have done them the wrong way...they are not shiny at all...i know i did it wrong as all i did was spray the vht night shades on...let it dry for 20 minutes then put a shot of clear coat..the clear coat has been on for 2 weeks and i was wondering if its possible at this stage to wet sand or buff it to a shine?
It's not gonna be shiny if you used the spray thing. use overlay

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
when i got tired of my tails tinted i sanded off the spray. first i used 600 sandpaper to remove most of the tint the i used 1000 to get rid of the final layer of tint. after that i used some rubbing compound to make it shiny again. make sure to tape off the area before sanding.

·
Registered
511 Posts
paolo2k2 said:

use andy's overylay...

check it out at bluebatmobile.net

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i do not want to use overlays...i just want to make my spray clear coat shiny...i used vht nightshades and then i clearcoated it...i was wondering how to make the clear coat shine

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i did the same thing as you and couldnt get them shiny. I ended up just taking them off and drenching them in laquer thinner and that took everything right off. Now i have overlays and i love them

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Eeeps. You've sprayed them? Wet sand + plastic? good luck.

(only a professional should attemp this.... cough... me)

·
resident VINYL PIMP
1,354 Posts
Wakeboarder11 said:
i did the same thing as you and couldnt get them shiny. I ended up just taking them off and drenching them in laquer thinner and that took everything right off. Now i have overlays and i love them
email me the pics Tyler ;).

Bat™

1 - 12 of 12 Posts