8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, ya, i'm new here and this is my first post. anyways, bein new, i havent had all that much time goin through every post to search for an answer for my question, and i'm sure it is out there somewhere, but how hard is it to remove and install the headers on the si sedan? how hard is it to get to the bolts??? also, is there a difference between coupe headers and sedan headers or is juss the mid pipe different lengths?

View attachment 9700

thats my civic, click for a bigger pic. all i have r 18" enkei's right now, juss bought an injen intake and the LSD cat-back exhaust, thats y i'm askin bout the headers, juss wonderin what i'm gettin myself into. i've only had the car for a few weeks and havent really looked it all over yet. so any help would be great, thanks from u all, James

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
ok James. The header will be the same on the coup as the sedan, only the catback parts are different, the sedan being longer by a couple of inches. The header is a task to remove by yourself and without a lift but by all means not impossible. All you need are rhino ramps, a floor jack and 2 jack stands, and a socket wrench set and your golden. It took me 8 hours..... because this is the way i did it and Was the first time as well. Done this several times now and I can do a header in just under a hour. So its fairly easy. The hardest part is getting the stock shorty header out. There is no "way" to do it, just remember to take off the heat sheild before you try to pull it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts