8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys.. i need your help.. yes, it was stupid of me, i'll admit it right now. and yes, i know i shouldn't have done it.. with that said, don't kill me too bad, the officer did that already..

here's the situation:
me and a couple of friends made some pretty hard right turns from homestead to de anza. after that, we went to the light for 280S. we gunned it onto 280, probably ended up going about 100MPH or so. i have a friend in front of me, and a friend behind me also. somehow i end up getting a cop behind me. i got pulled over.. so i start moving to the right, and onto the shoulder. i have no idea which exit i am at or near at this point. the cop tells me to get off at the next exit, which is saratoga. i get off and park in the applebee's parking lot.

to make a long story shorter, i ended up getting a ticket for going 90 in a 65.. could've been much worse, and i know it too.

my question is this:

he never shot radar to get my speed, nor did he pace me and my friends for a mile. he also wrote down the ticket location as 280 and wolfe. my friends and i got on at 280 and de anza. do i have a case? any positive feedback/help is appreciated it.. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sucks to hear dude. But from what I know, cop cars do have a video camera (recording) mounted in their cars. Regardless of whether it's on or not, as long as I don't get clocked, I'd still try and fight it (if I were in your situation)... But that's just me.

Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
we need Big Ant to chime in on this one....

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
ok guys...i worked with my local sherriffs office here...i might misspell somethings...idk its early as hell and had to go rescuse my brother from someguy breaking in...anyways....not all cop cars have cameras...mostly DUI units and traffic enforcement units have them not just the run of the mill cop will have one...they r very expensive and it would cost too much to have one in every car....BUT....cops do this thing called PACING (again spelling?)....wut they do is match their speed to urs...and go off the speedo...and the speedo IS accurate (no fighting this one unless u have balls)....and its legal...and if the cop did have a camera the camera can feed back info as to ones speed....well at least the ones they have here in jax...but if he paced u....suck it up and pay the ticket...and u already admitted to doin about 100 so he gave u about aa 250 dollar break...DONT BE STUPID on the roads...there actually are people out there that have their familys with them...DRIVE NORMAL...(5 over speed is ok)

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
:yeahthat:

Save it for the track.

·
Registered
802 Posts
he never shot radar to get my speed, nor did he pace me and my friends for a mile.
How do you know he didn't use radar? You aren't even sure how he got behind you. :clapping:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.