8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any protips regarding the removal of a sticker such as this??

I plan on removing the Civic badge, and taking it to the car wash pretty soon.:pimp:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
You can either heat up the plastic with a heatgun or a hair-dryer and peel it off.
Afterwards, you can either use WD-40 and rub the sticky stuff off with a cloth, or you can use goo-gone and polish + wax afterwards. Always best to polish + wax regardless of what you use.

For the debage, just heat up the civic emblem, and use dental floss slowly to peel it off, aftewards, polish + wax.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
just took off the civic badge on my car tonight, heat it up with a hair dryer, then take some dental floss and slowly work it behind the civic emblem until it comes off. the vinyl is really easy, once you heat it up it just comes right off.

but yeah. everyone has already told you this. lol.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Since your question has been answered...Anyone find that cleaning that civic emblem is hard with a mitt or anything? I can almost ever get all the dirt off in the letters and what not.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Since your question has been answered...Anyone find that cleaning that civic emblem is hard with a mitt or anything? I can almost ever get all the dirt off in the letters and what not.
Debadging is your solution :bunny:
Back than on my Accord, I use to take a cloth and just use my fingers and try as best I can to wipe off the dirt

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
3M general purpose adhesive remover.

Hi from Minnesota. I'm over in Owatonna.

And if you need help that badly, you can stop by my shop. As a window tinter I got tons of heatguns and adhesive remover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3M general purpose adhesive remover.

Hi from Minnesota. I'm over in Owatonna.

And if you need help that badly, you can stop by my shop. As a window tinter I got tons of heatguns and adhesive remover.
HA!! way to answer a unspoken prayer; i wanted to tint my windows as well!
Aside from a permenant tint, what do you know about electrochromic tinting?
Ive only found a few household applications, but i know for a fact a lot of
vehicles, mostly high end companies from my knowlegde, employ it as well.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
HA!! way to answer a unspoken prayer; i wanted to tint my windows as well!
Aside from a permenant tint, what do you know about electrochromic tinting?
Ive only found a few household applications, but i know for a fact a lot of
vehicles, mostly high end companies from my knowlegde, employ it as well.
There is no affordable electrochormic window film.

Last I saw, the stuff was about $1000 sq/ft. Not including how to put it onto a car and wire it up.

Building it into the glass is cheaper and easier. I think one of the Lambo or Ferraris has a roof like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts