8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wats up?? my gf is shoppin for a TSX...well actually im shoppin for her and one dealer i spoke to quoted me at $28,500 for an 08 white TSX w/ navi....is that a good deal? im thinkin i got an awesome deal out of this because i was given the same price for a silver 07 navi from another dealer. i looked at kbb.com and they showed that the new car pricing for that car is $30,300+. tell me what you guys think cuz im thinkin bout taking her to the dealer tomorrow. also...any recommendations on how to handle a trade-in at the stealerships? id like to do it at the end when i know that ive been given that price by a manager for the TSX, in writing hopefully.

any other recommendations on what i can do while im at the stealership already? should i just trade it in, sell it to carmax, or sell it privately>?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
:SHOCKED: Sounds good to me man. I'm no expert by any means, but it sounds good. I would hop on it as soon as carfax gives the goahead. I know there are ways around carfax, but I would still get one. After that, tsx all the way. Good luck.
Your car....sell it privately btw.

·
Registered
271 Posts
what car are you selling?

beforre going to the dealer, go get a quote for your car at carmax. then see what the dealer is offering you for it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NARFALICIOUS said:
what car are you selling?

beforre going to the dealer, go get a quote for your car at carmax. then see what the dealer is offering you for it.
that was what i was planning on. going to carmax first to get the car appraised before i go to the dealer. the car were planning on trading in is a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro. When i looked at kbb.com, the trade in value of the car in fair condition is 7000+ so hopefully i can get that price.

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
FusionSi11 said:
hey guys wats up?? my gf is shoppin for a TSX...well actually im shoppin for her and one dealer i spoke to quoted me at $28,500 for an 08 white TSX w/ navi....is that a good deal? im thinkin i got an awesome deal out of this because i was given the same price for a silver 07 navi from another dealer. i looked at kbb.com and they showed that the new car pricing for that car is $30,300+. tell me what you guys think cuz im thinkin bout taking her to the dealer tomorrow. also...any recommendations on how to handle a trade-in at the stealerships? id like to do it at the end when i know that ive been given that price by a manager for the TSX, in writing hopefully.

any other recommendations on what i can do while im at the stealership already? should i just trade it in, sell it to carmax, or sell it privately>?

I paid 26,900 for my tsx with navi.

you can definitely get a better deal

HONESTLY, she should be looking into the 07 Accord Ex navi since you can get a KILLER deal on it since the new ones around the corner.

D-d-d-d-dDumped

If you sell your car private party..or carmax vs trade in... you'll be bent over on the tax for the tsx.
Just trade it in stand your ground and don't be afraid to just up and leave.

The TSX isn't a hard car to get and 9 out of 10 people are going IS250 shopping nowadays.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The all new TSX is going to be out in less than 12 months. Either wait for it (I would) or use that as leverage at the dealer.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Type X said:
I paid 26,900 for my tsx with navi.

you can definitely get a better deal

HONESTLY, she should be looking into the 07 Accord Ex navi since you can get a KILLER deal on it since the new ones around the corner.

If you sell your car private party..or carmax vs trade in... you'll be bent over on the tax for the tsx.
Just trade it in stand your ground and don't be afraid to just up and leave.

The TSX isn't a hard car to get and 9 out of 10 people are going IS250 shopping nowadays.
hmmm...thats something to think about. wat kind of a KILLER deal are you talking bout...around what price for an 07 Accord Ex navi?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
FusionSi11 said:
hmmm...thats something to think about. wat kind of a KILLER deal are you talking bout...around what price for an 07 Accord Ex navi?
Honda is super smart!!!!!!!!! Instead of putting dealer cash on the accord and lowering the resale starting point, Honda has offered large amounts of dealer incentives if they hit their given accord goals by the end of the quarter. Most smart delaerships are giving away their accords as fast as they can. I have seen some 2-3K back of invoice deals on them latley. Also the more expensive the model, the better the discount should be (higher dollar accords tend to grow cobwebs as LXs fly off the lot)

·
Registered
752 Posts
TSX isn't worth the money. The wife and I tried and tried to convince our selfs TSX was the way to go. Just couldn't see a car worth the price. We saw a 7th Gen Civic on steriods with soft leather.

This was spring of 05. We ended up with a Accord EX. Turned out to be a much better choice over all for us. She had to have a AT. A TSX with a AT just didn't seem right at all. And the Accord has a bit more room.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
psyshack said:
We saw a 8th Gen Civic on steriods with soft leather.
TSX factory rated 200hp, Civic Si factory rated 197hp. Barry Bonds didn't hit 3 more home runs cause of the roids

·
Registered
752 Posts
HONDACARE said:
TSX factory rated 200hp, Civic Si factory rated 197hp. Barry Bonds didn't hit 3 more home runs cause of the roids
Ment to say 7th Gen Civic. If HP and leather are worth $7k more bucks to you then go for it.

Fact is wife doesn't use all of the 160 hp her Accord has. But she has used all the room it has to offer up.

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
HONDACARE said:

TSX = Curb Weight (lbs.) 3241 w/ 200hp 2.4L
Civic Si = Curb weight (lbs) 2877 w/197hp 2.0L
Accord EX = Curb weight (lbs) 3377 lb w/ 240hp V6

Do the math.

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
psyshack said:
Ment to say 7th Gen Civic. If HP and leather are worth $7k more bucks to you then go for it.

Fact is wife doesn't use all of the 160 hp her Accord has. But she has used all the room it has to offer up.

If you want room look into a CRV with navi.

We just picked up an EX crv and honestly its a SUPERB car. (for the money)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts