8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the civic world and recently bought a mugen se and really want to turbo it but i am k20z3 stupid and know nothing about the engine. i know on stock internals im good to around 6 pounds of boost however i am wanting to build the engine while i have the funds to do so and so i can run at least 10 lbs of boost reliably. what in the engine needs to be kept and what needs to be changed? please please help me so i dont blow up mu mugen in the process of trying to make it faster

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
10 psi on what turbo? Greddy kiy?

You will be fine as long as you find out more about the k20...more about the kit...what afr's are safe and all that stuff to look at when driving. And just make sure you get a good tune and you should have no problems

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
jackson racing supercharger is 10psi right out of the box. it simply bolts on. you send your ecu to get a new flash. then you plug it back in and go. with full bolt ons and the jackson kit your looking at 275+whp.

or you could gamble and wait for the comptech stage 2/3 which is currently waiting on higher boost options. but who knows if/when thats coming.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Ever thought about Intake, Header, Exhaust combo? If not, step up to the bigger plate and Supercharge it. Otherwise if you don't like those 2 options you can always put your money to the shop and let them turbo and tune it. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
I love how the first couple responses is "search," douche bags
Why does that make someone a douchebag? There is endless amounts of information on this site that would answer his questions.

Sorry we dont feel the need to spoonfeed everyone information that is readily available if they took 10 seconds to try and figure it out on their own.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If you want to run 10psi,I would go with the Jackson S/C thats what it comes with is 10psi and you will have alot less trouble with it then a turbo. I have a C/T S/C and I have had no problems with it and it is my DD so I drive it every day. Let us know what you decide to get.:thumb:

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have a mugen si aswell =) and want more power. i was also thinking about going s/c ,and was wondering if the comptech comes with a intercooler and how much psi it runs. do you have to go aftermarket oil/ gas stuff like fuel rails or the rsx modded oil pump. would you have to get lower compression pistons . what type of engine work can go along with it. like ported head intake manifold and so on. also how does your suspention hold up . would i have to upgrade my brakes lol im lazy and ive been mostly sitting around the n/a forums but it seems that , that route is going to take forever. thanks

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
i have a mugen si aswell =) and want more power. i was also thinking about going s/c ,and was wondering if the comptech comes with a intercooler and how much psi it runs. do you have to go aftermarket oil/ gas stuff like fuel rails or the rsx modded oil pump. would you have to get lower compression pistons . what type of engine work can go along with it. like ported head intake manifold and so on. also how does your suspention hold up . would i have to upgrade my brakes lol im lazy and ive been mostly sitting around the n/a forums but it seems that , that route is going to take forever. thanks
Head to the Forced Induction And Nitrous section and you should be able to find everything you need to know

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Why does that make someone a douchebag? There is endless amounts of information on this site that would answer his questions.

Sorry we dont feel the need to spoonfeed everyone information that is readily available if they took 10 seconds to try and figure it out on their own.
Virtual rep brother. The answers are out there, if you learn how to find them you will go far in life.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
if your new in the car scene, don't even think about turbo'ing your car.. hell don't even think about any form of forced induction. we don't need kids blowing up their car and going back to the forums crying about their precious car that doesnt run.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.