8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So i've recently decided that I definitely want to do a retrofit for my FA5. I am so confused about how to do this so any info would help. Basically I was wondering...

1. Can anyone give me a list of EVERYTHING I need to do the retrofit? (Like projectors,shrouds, etc.)

2. Does anyone know SOMEONE that can physically help me do this? (i'll obviously pay)

Please, any advice/info/tips would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
1. Projectors, Shrouds, HID kit.

you are gonna need tools like...drills, nuts, bolts.

2. I'm in socal and i might sell my projectors so if you are interested, but its really not that hard.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Projectors, Shrouds, HID kit.

you are gonna need tools like...drills, nuts, bolts.

2. I'm in socal and i might sell my projectors so if you are interested, but its really not that hard.
Hey, do you have your own retrofit? If yes, we could swap headlights and I pay however much. Let me know.

·
Registered
320 Posts
its not that hard, it just seems scary because you're cutting into your headlight. All you have to do is cut the hole slowly until it fits the way you like it. Retrofitting for this car is a little harder than other cars cause you have to take into account the high beams as well, that's what I learned from my process. =\ Otherwise, heat gun or oven to take apart the head lights, dremel to cut the hold in the headlight housing. Jb weld and/or some screws to mount the projectors and shrouds and patience. Besides the D2S bulb and ballast which is the usual stuff.

Read up and good luck on the project.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not that hard, it just seems scary because you're cutting into your headlight. All you have to do is cut the hole slowly until it fits the way you like it. Retrofitting for this car is a little harder than other cars cause you have to take into account the high beams as well, that's what I learned from my process. =\ Otherwise, heat gun or oven to take apart the head lights, dremel to cut the hold in the headlight housing. Jb weld and/or some screws to mount the projectors and shrouds and patience. Besides the D2S bulb and ballast which is the usual stuff.

Read up and good luck on the project.
Thanks man, I think i'm going to find someone local who has experience with this. Let me know if you're available :dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts