8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a small leak 2 days ago. I used fixaflat because I was on my way to orlando. 0 to 60 the car rides great. At 70 to 80 the car vibrates nasty. 80 to 100 smooth again. First change I got I had them check the tires allign and balance car still vibrate at 70. Wtf! Typing on a phone sorry lol. Ty 4 the hlp.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When the fixaflat dried, it probably dried in a larger blob in one place inside the tire. This is throwing your tire out of balance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Balancing wouldn't have fixed that? If not how is this fixed? Also is this safe? I need to travel 160 miles back home in 2 days :-(

·
Registered
269 Posts
When the fixaflat dried, it probably dried in a larger blob in one place inside the tire. This is throwing your tire out of balance.
Precisely. This stuff is only to be used in dire emergencies so you can get to a tire shop and get the tire properly patched. It can and should be removed by the tire shop when they repair the tire. It can (read: most likely will) also damage your TPMS sensors.

I'd personally use the spare before considering Fix A Flat.

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
Precisely. This stuff is only to be used in dire emergencies so you can get to a tire shop and get the tire properly patched. It can and should be removed by the tire shop when they repair the tire. It can (read: most likely will) also damage your TPMS sensors.

I'd personally use the spare before considering Fix A Flat.
we use fix-a-flat in our hunting trucks which are 100% offroad so it doesnt go over 40. re-balancing is a waste of money. patch/replace the tire and be on your way :vtec:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts