8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got some HIDS not to long ago about nov. mayb oct. but anyways. tonight i went to start my car .. turned on the headlights. and one was not on!!=(
when i went to check everything was connected right. and when i went to turn the switch on real quick it just flilcked. so im guessing noting is wrong with the light bulb.. i dont know wat could be wrong.. can someone please help? ={
the other one flicks too but stays on.. once it turned off. but all the other times it stayed on.. i dont know what it could be.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! ={

·
Registered
310 Posts
I might have some ballasts for sale. I just ordered a new set of hids b/c one of my bulbs went out. Theyve been sitting for a while, so when my new ones get here, im gonna test the old ballasts then sell them.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay i just went out and messed with it a little more.. and it seems to be the ballast.. cuz i switched them and now the other one works.. sooooo does anyone know where i can get just the ballast at?? are there different kinds..?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
did you double check all your connections? make sure the ballasts arnt getting bumped around a good solid mount, and check your relay and make sure it's good and the fuse clips make sure they didnt get loose and slip through the fuse holder and loose contact with the fuse..

·
Registered
320 Posts
the simplest solution should be checked first before jumping to everything else. Start with the fuses if you have inline fuses on the harnesses. Then the headlight fuse in the car on the side that flickers. If those two aren't the culprit, check the wiring connection, that is if they are plugged in correctly, and ALSO if the wires are fried out and gunked up so the harness isnt working properly. Typical plug and play kits without relay harness problem is the OEM harness gets fried and the plug gets messed up. Then maybe after all that, finally you can blame it on the ballast being broken with a messed up voltage regulator or zener diode or something. Do all those checks first before getting a new ballast, or if you are lazy and balling, buy a new set

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.