8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,718 Posts
i don;t get what the point of a valet lock is.....if you're locking your trunk....but the valet guy who has your key can simply unlock it next to the lever for the trunk release....

thank you for pointing me to this thread: Honda-Tech.com: Honda Civic (2006 - Current): 06 Civic trunk won't pop open!

I"m gonna try to do what this guy did.... unscrew the backseat enough so that I can stick my hand far enough to get the backseat release levers.... sounds tough. I dunno how to unscrew the backseat...

I imagine he's talkinga bout the 40/60 split area where you can stick your hand in.
I can't really comment on the stuck trunk thing, but about the valet key...

The normal key can lock and unlock the trunk release (next to driver). The valet key can't open the trunk or unlock the trunk release. The point is, you pull up somewhere and don't want the valet smoking the weed you have in the trunk, so you lock the trunk with your own key, keep it and give him the valet key. Not that i know about weed in the trunk.... i'm just saying. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.