8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
You could try pushing the trunk DOWN...to seat it firmly, and then unlock/pull on the trunk. If that doesn't work, it looks like other owners have had to unscrew the back seat enough to get a hand in there - although it doesn't look like getting it open takes care of the problem, the lock itself may need attention.

· Registered
247 Posts
my trunk lid would always get stuck when stuff has been filled then when stuff has been taken out the trunk lid would be in stuck mode, i'd be standing there clicking the trunk unlock button on my key-fob---we'd always have to use the key to manually un-lock it, then no more stuck trunk lid. but i no longer have that car.
No keyhole on these trunks...it's remote cable or electric open only.

· Registered
247 Posts
Even if they do charge you to open it up, it won't be THAT much - even if it took them an hour to do it. You're talking dozens of dollars, not hundreds :)

An easy way to get them to look it over though, is to take it in for an oil change or something and say "hey by the way, my trunk is stuck, do you think they could take a quick look and see if they can get it open?" I know I always end up spending way more time on a request like that, than one that I have been specifically asked to fix. lol.

If they get it open, that opens the door for a conversation about the part that failed, and "wow, my car is only 2 years old..."

· Registered
247 Posts
Does the subwoofer cover in the trunk screw on or snap on?

Assuming you can get it out...I guess the "home free" part depends on whether you can wrench your arm through the hole and make it to the trunk release. :)

· Registered
247 Posts
no, i had to pry out the subwoofer cover. I already have it off.

I'm talking about the subwoofer itself. I'm hoping the front 2 screws are all i need to take off to remove it completely.

any screws in the back would be impossible to take off b/c of the slanted windshield.
Right, but there's a cover on the inside of the trunk as well that covers the sub, that you'll have to get through once the sub is out. I just don't know if it snaps on or screws on.

· Registered
247 Posts
I just remembered I didn't ride the bike today so I went outside and took a look. The cover on the inside of the trunk is held on with those plastic pressure rivets, so you should be able to push it off without hurting it.

· Registered
247 Posts
I was looking again....reaching the trunk release might be a challenge at that angle through the hole. If it's a problem, if you reach in to the left or right you should be able to reach the seat latch mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.