8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Hmm, did you try pulling up on the trunk latch by your driver's seat? You didn't say but I'm assuming you obviously did lol. You say you didn't use the valet lock, well go get your valet key anyways and lock and unlock it, then pull up on the lever by the driver's seat and or press your trunk button on your remote, see if that works.

If nothing is working, then it means your trunk lid latch assembly connector has been disconnected (it's a connector cable that runs to and plugs up to your latch, it is how you're able to remotely unlatch your trunk lid, as well as providing the function to unlatch you trunk by pulling the lever by your seat). It could have possibly been knocked out of place or loosened by all of that stuff in your trunk...Either that, or the connector to your latch assembly has a discontinuity and needs to be replaced.

· Registered
1,006 Posts
what do you mean valet key.... hmm. i thought you lock it with your normal key that you use to start the car.... it turns anways. and when I lock it, then i can't pull the lever on the side of my car anymore...

is there another valet lock? If so, i've never even touched it...
Oops, I meant use ur normal key, but yeah nevermind there's no point to do that lol.

Anyways, I think the connector to your trunk lid latch assembly is probably loose or disconnected - you're gonna have to figure out how to take the rear seats apart I guess. I looked through my helm manual to see what you could do but it looks like the manual requires that you go through the trunk to remove the seats properly. I imagine you're just going to have to pry your hands between the seats and feel for the bolts and get them off some how lol. Sounds like a PITA, good luck with that though :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.