8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..as the title states. I messed up the installation of one of my hfp side skirts and I want to know what is the best method to remove it without damaging my paint or scratching the hell outta my car. Right now the side kit is sitting crooked and its a real eyesore. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
mugenhonda25 said:
hey guys..as the title states. I messed up the installation of one of my hfp side skirts and I want to know what is the best method to remove it without damaging my paint or scratching the hell outta my car. Right now the side kit is sitting crooked and its a real eyesore. Thanks in advance
You should specify what your process was and try to post some pics, it would help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is completed and when i slid in the side kit on the bracket..its crooked..so basically..i need to take off the bracket and realign it. But i dunno how to remove the sticky mounts on there cleanly and easily so i can start from scratch

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
With out looking at pics I would guess:

To remove, I would just yank it off and use goo gone to remove the tape that is left over. Wax those areas. then try to re-do the job.

You will have to replace all the double sided tape with some other double sided tape. Replace the tape just to be sure it will stick when re-doing the install.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wouldn't yanking off the bracket bend it.i tried yanking it off at first and it looked like the bracket is bending. i'll go buy some goo gone and see if that will work. i followed the insstruction page for page and used the supplied templets and it still turn out crooked.

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
when i took of my sides off to do basically the same thing i used a butter knife with tape wrapped around the end and un-did all the bolts and screws and used my finger to pry as i cut the double sided tape away and went over the left over tape that was left on the body of the car with goo-gone

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, first of all i tried prying it apart because i was trying to avoid the sticker residue but it didn't work. then i tried the knife method and it worked but left a residue. so i used goo gone and that worked like a charm. thank alot fellas.

·
Banned
675 Posts
:useless:
mugenhonda25 said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts